Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Gun Camera

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
As a citizen of Carlisle, I feel extra cozy and safe knowing that our police are out at night risking our lives to bring themselves revenue. We have a competent and well-trained police force that is prepared to shoot any criminals in the blink of an eye. If they happen to kill a few dozen innocents in the process, that is the price we pay to keep us safe. Prayers go out to the poor deputy who was traumatized by having to blast a citizen that was too reckless and out of line. Such a thing could haunt the officer's conscience for days -- if not weeks!!
Ohio news photographer reportedly shot by deputy while setting up to take pictures of traffic stop
"I was going out to take pictures and I saw the traffic stop and I thought, 'Hey, cool. I'll get some pictures here.'" he told the newspaper. He said he pulled into a parking lot in full view of the deputy, got out of his Jeep and started setting up his tripod and camera. "I turned around toward the cars and then 'pop, pop."

The newspaper speculated that the deputy may have mistaken the camera for a weapon. Grimm said the deputy, identified in reports as Jake Shaw, gave him no warning.
I guess citizens can't open carry cameras anymore. You'll not be warned to put the camera down and take two steps back. 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/05/ohio-news-photographer-reportedly-shot-by-deputy-while-setting-up-to-take-pictures-traffic-stop.html

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I read about this, but even the guy that got shoot didn't want the officer to lose his job, he doesn't know why he shot him but said hes a good guy. Don't get me wrong but every situation is different.

This is a great example of how confusing it gets.

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
Shoot first ask questions later. Is there training they can take to remove the institutional corruption that exists?