Anyone else enjoy oatmeal?

ndboarder

Reaction score
Anyone else eat oatmeal frequently in the cold months? Seems during the coldest months of the year I always end up eating oatmeal pretty frequently.

Usually I just have Quaker oatmeal made with milk and add fair amount of sugar to it. I'd tried some of the flavored stuff quite a few years ago and didn't really care for the ones I tried. I'd had a few bowls of oatmeal recently though, and while picking up a new container, also decided I'd try something different.

Looked at the Quaker oatmeal packets of different flavors, but ended up with Oat revolution stuff. It was a little cheaper and little better nutritional information. Picked up the Peaches & Cream and Strawberries & Cream flavors. Turns out it's pretty good stuff. I like the flax seed being included, gives it a little different texture.

http://www.betteroats.com/brand/oat-revolution/

Try it with apple juice instead of water or milk.

My wife is a huge oatmeal person. She eats it almost daily. I like it. I am more of a flavored person though. My favorite is the brown sugar flavor. We will just buy the box with only this flavor alone in it. Peaches and cream use to be good, but got burnt out of the flavor over time. I know being younger I use to eat more of it. We also use to eat Malt-o-meal growing up with butter in it. Don't know if you have ever heard of that stuff before?

Don't know if you have ever heard of that stuff before?
My wife likes it. I don't.Gimme some grits with butter and salt and pepper though!

I was never a big fan of Malt-o-meal. My dad always preferred Cream of Wheat, which I had a hard time with. Don't think I've gone back and tried them though.

Your right I was thinking of Cream of Wheat. That's the stuff you put butter in.

I wish I liked it because it's good for you but I just don't. I don't care for the texture.

Back