Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

GTAV - who got it?

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Got mine on Tuesday. Played a bit that night and wed. It's GTA, not much to write home about. It's what you'd expect and isn't really my thing I guess. I'll finish the story line at some point I suppose, but I'd rather go back to Assassin's creed series or something else that doesn't instantly make me feel like I should be a 14 year old to be enjoying it

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
Almost everyone can get something out of this game. Some of the gameplay mechanics in this one I think were catered to the casual gamer.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
I hate the driving mechanics of the game. Some vehicles aren't terrible, but the one race I've failed repeatedly is infuriating. Especially since I get a good car, go to start the race and the car disappears and I have to go find a different car.

Played a fair amount yesterday, unlocked the third main character, and he is definitely the epitome of GTA. Gotta love running a meth lab. Flying the planes was ok, but the thing suffers terribly from the lack of any worth while tutorial. Did I mention I once spent ten minute trying to figure out how to get a car on a tow truck and it never bothered to tell me? The second tow mission they made sure to note how though...

Anyway, just cruising around is fun enough, most missions are kind of fun. Planning out the first jewelry heist and enacting the setup and the job was pretty fun as well. The progression of the game feels slow at times, I think mostly though this is that it doesn't hand achievements out like candy to support my cheevo addiction

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
I hate the driving mechanics of the game. Some vehicles aren't terrible, but the one race I've failed repeatedly is infuriating. Especially since I get a good car, go to start the race and the car disappears and I have to go find a different car.
Played a fair amount yesterday, unlocked the third main character, and he is definitely the epitome of GTA. Gotta love running a meth lab. Flying the planes was ok, but the thing suffers terribly from the lack of any worth while tutorial. Did I mention I once spent ten minute trying to figure out how to get a car on a tow truck and it never bothered to tell me? The second tow mission they made sure to note how though...

Anyway, just cruising around is fun enough, most missions are kind of fun. Planning out the first jewelry heist and enacting the setup and the job was pretty fun as well. The progression of the game feels slow at times, I think mostly though this is that it doesn't hand achievements out like candy to support my cheevo addiction
I feel the same way on most of those points. Things is, races have always been hard in the series so I just don't bother doing them really. I also just unlocked the third character and hate him. I just don't like the dirty, meth using/making/selling crazy type that he is. The first two were cleaner and somewhat normal but now have to play as a near psycho just isn't to my liking. As for cheevos, I care but not as kuch since I love the game for the story and gameplay.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Seriously you have to make and sell meth? Bad part is so many young kids play this. Parents should really pay attention to the "M" in a game like this.

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
Seriously you have to make and sell meth? Bad part is so many young kids play this. Parents should really pay attention to the "M" in a game like this.
Yeah must be me getting older and being a parent now but some of the things in the game kind of make me uneasy and think about it more then in the past. As for the meth, I don't know if you make and sell it. It may just be what his character's story is.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
I'm sure they are trying to just cash in on the Breaking Bad craze.
Well, I don't know if you actually make meth, as in you don't have to press X,RB,Y,LT or something to make it, but the one guy does own and distribute it and you do have to defend his meth lab at one point. You also run guns to sell to Mexico and so forth. Either way, a lot of the content is definitely something no kid should be seeing or taking part in if you ask me.

Wasn't it GTA IV that some grandma bought her grandson, and then tried to sue Rockstar because of the content. People are just so stupid and need to learn that there is a reason these types of games have the ratings they do.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Oh ya I'm not against Mature games in away way. I don't have a problem with it. But it is up to the parents to make sure that their children don't play the games they don't want them too. It's falls back on the responsibility of the parents.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I watched someone play this on the PS4 today. I was pretty impressed with the graphics, and even the first person view.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
I watched someone play this on the PS4 today. I was pretty impressed with the graphics, and even the first person view.
Impressed by the graphics?  This game was released on last-gen consoles and then maybe kinda sorta updated a bit for the newer gen ones later

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Impressed by the graphics?  This game was released on last-gen consoles and then maybe kinda sorta updated a bit for the newer gen ones later
I was impressed by the graphics of the city. The kid was flying a jet and the city was crisp and bright.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
They have this on sale right now, with their extra 10% off coupon it comes out to be about $28. Think it is worth it?