Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Gold panning

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Has anyone ever gone gold panning before? I had some Amazon credit and since I live in the heartland for this I thought why not? I picked up some 14" pans and two snuffers to be able to though in the back of the car in case were out by a stream or something. Hey you never know!

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well tried out some panning tonight. There is defiantly some skill to it. I kinda got it down. It takes a bit of time since you are just tying to get down to the black sand. We thought we found something tonight, but when I got home and got it under the magnifier it was just some mica. Looking forward to going out and trying again. It is neat to see the black sand stuff. Anyways let's hope for some better stuff next time!

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Did some more panning tonight. I really need to do it earlier in the day. Kinda ran out of light tonight.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Had a meeting in an area that is probably the best place to pan in America today. Then we had lunch with a couple of guys that were into it. They brought their vials of gold flakes/nuggets to lunch. Basically you can just grab dirt right from the sides of the road in the area. They told me the spots to hit. I will get some flakes this summer.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Bought 4 more gold pans and a sleuth box yesterday, couldn't pass up the deal. Got some locations today where he guarantees we will get some flakes.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well we didn't get to pan as much as I wanted to with @jmanz, but I can gladly say I found a speck. There is really an art to panning.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
Really was more challenging than I thought.Plus the fools gold makes it tough to spot the good stuff.