Amazon Prime has gone downhill and SUCKS

C Pav

Reaction score
Not only has Amazon in general started to suck but now even the payed for Prime is starting to suck as well. Way back even without prime items ordered were at least packaged and shipped fairly quick but with slower shipping. Prime members of course got the 2 day and was pretty reliable. Then it got to non prime members would have to wait 3 to 5 days to a even week before items would even ship then add the slow shipping on top of that. So I finally got Prime. Well some items got shipped pretty good but a latest order says should be here tomorrow yet has not even shipped yet. I also have a pre order of the Scorpio XBox X but that has not given a delivery date yet and I assume will be cancelled due to them over selling since it's limited.

Might just cancel the remaining Prime since it's pretty craptastic.

Of many many packages, I've only ever had maybe 1 Prime eligible shipment miss delivery date.

Also - they frequently ship stuff in 1 day to me at this point, so I wouldn't say your package is completely condemned to be a miss tomorrow.   Their overall speed of service to non-prime has certainly gone down as a result, which is business and those getting free shipping on orders can't complain if they don't want to pay.  

Well some items got shipped pretty good but a latest order says should be here tomorrow yet has not even shipped yet
Don't give up hope, I have seen some weird overnight shipments where I think "no way is it going to be here tomorrow". But I will agree with you on the shipping. Prime use to mean 2 day shipping. Now I am seeing more and more 4-5 day Prime shipping. In fact I have something in my cart that says that and because of me timing my packages with my weekends, is making me not even order it. I think it's just overselling. Let's face it once they get big then they think they don't have to do it anymore. The Prime I think is still worth it for 80% of the other stuff, but Prime should be two days not 4-5.

My prime is still always 2 days.  Even to my parents in the middle of nowhere it made it in 2 days, but some locations and depending on which warehouse things come from may make it tough for the delivery companies with all the traffic they have these days.

Besides, Prime Video is also fairly useful lately.

Serious.  They have a few series of old sitcoms on there that have been watched lately

Serious.  They have a few series of old sitcoms on there that have been watched lately
Amazon Prime video doesn't ever seem like they add anything ever. Plus their layout is horrible on multi-devices. Maybe if they would get an organized interface then it wouldn't be so bad. I do like to use them if I am renting a pay per view movie though.

The interface is pretty crummy, and some money has been spent because content you don't own or have free access to can easily be intermixed with stuff that is free or owned - then it can also very simply be purchased to watch with little prompting.  

There's not a ton we watch on it, but there's a few shows worth watching.  I probably wouldn't buy prime just for the video service, but it is a nice addition to the 2 day shipping that I wouldn't give up.

I probably wouldn't buy prime just for the video service, but it is a nice addition to the 2 day shipping that I wouldn't give up.
True at least they try. I believe you also get access to their music service and cloud backup as well.

True at least they try. I believe you also get access to their music service and cloud backup as well.
The music part you get with prime isn't that great.  It's basically like the free spotify or Pandora, but probably worse than both of those (I haven't used it, just guessing).  Their other service, Amazon Music Unlimited, is more like paid spotify and costs $8 a month for prime members and $10 for non-prime.    For music I suggest spotify, their family pass is the best value out there if you have more than 1 person that wants to be able to just listen to whatever they want when they want.

I would like to chime in also how there seems to be more and more items lacking overnight anymore. I am willing to pay for the item to be shipped overnight, but they don't even have the options on the items. I understand on big things, but some of these things are just normal sized items.

I ordered a few things today.  I had the option on 2 to overnight them.  On one more fragile item I did not.  I went with free 2 day shipping on both.  Items will all arrive on Saturday

I ordered a few things today.  I had the option on 2 to overnight them.  On one more fragile item I did not.  I went with free 2 day shipping on both.  Items will all arrive on Saturday
My order I placed shows Saturday delivery also. This is rare for me, I'll see if it really comes.

My order I placed shows Saturday delivery also. This is rare for me, I'll see if it really comes.
I get things on Saturdays and Sundays frequently.  USPS seems to have either just stuck with the sunday delivery thing

Sundays frequently
This is crazy, no UPS or Fedex run on Sundays in this state as far as I know.

This is crazy, no UPS or Fedex run on Sundays in this state as far as I know.
USPS - not UPS.  The US Postal Service.  They did it a couple years in a row, but it was later in the year for holiday season type stuff.  But I've gotten a number of Sunday deliveries all throughout the year this year.  Generally these things find their way most of the way via UPS and then they hand off to USPS for deliverySaturdays it depends on how it is shipped Ground/Air for both FedEx and UPS - from Amazon it doesn't really matter, at least in my experience if it's coming Sat/Sun their logistics work and they send via the correct one to have it delivered on Sat.  Other places are always annoying because they ship wrong and it will end up in town on a Friday and sit until the next weekend.

Getting further off topic, FedEx is the worst of the delivery companies for me these days, even behind the postal service for packages.  USPS delivers on weekends for me.  UPS is always on time AND if a package gets to town a couple days early it goes out for early delivery.  The last 2 or 3 things I've ordered that came via FedEx made it to town 2-3 days ahead of the estimated delivery date - guess what - they don't send it out on a truck for delivery, they wait until the expected delivery day and the drop it on a truck for delivery.  Wouldn't want to do anything too customer friendly you know.

Our UPS here is the best (plus I know the guy).

Our USPS here sucks, your more likely to get someone's else mail instead of your own.

FedEX is decent, but the same story as you @ndboarder they will have it but wait till delivery date. Makes no sense, just toss it on the truck, do it, do it now, get to the chopper!

Back