Today 12 years ago

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Where were you and what were you doing when 9/11 happened 12 years ago?

I was working at a grocery store stocking yogurt at the time. Everyone tried to listen on the radio at work. I got off at 1:00 pm that day and just went home and sat and watched the news that day.

I was in college and I remember walking through the commons area and seeing a bunch of people huddled around a tv. One of those things that you won't forget.

I was driving to a college pottery art class. I remember getting to class early, as I always did, and then when a few other students arrived they were talking about some news of a fire at the Pentagon and other places. I can't recall when I actually first heard of what actually happened but after classes I went home and watched the news for the rest of the day.

I was in college sleeping in my dorm. A buddy stopped in between classes and informed me of what was going on

It was my freshman year of college, and I was still at home that morning. I was watching the Waynes Brothers on WGN and they cut to the news. I've never seen a regular channel do that unannounced, even to this day I think, though maybe the Boston bombings came close. Then almost every channel had this on, I then went to the computer to check the internet and followed it on CNN. I then remember the news of the towers collapsing which was crazy. I went to lab class around 11 am mountain, and remember the teacher saying today would be a bad day to fly. A few people during class talked about it, but not much. I then had a computer science class later, and was mostly looking on CNN again following the news.

I was at home in bed. My girlfriend at the time called me early (around 7:30) which was very unusual. She asked if I knew what happened, and I was sleeping, so I told her no. She just said turn on the T.V, and I was in disbelief. That day is our generation's moment that will never be forgotten, much like our parents/grandparents will never forget where they were when JFK was assassinated.

Missed, this. I was working at a school. I watched it on a TV in the library. It was unbelievable...shocking, maddening and upsetting all at once. I'm still not convinced a direct plane strike could bring down a tower of such construction. Also, the third building that collapsed...but alas, I digress.

We were travelling from Fargo to Houston, TX. Couldn't land anywhere near Texas, rerouted to Memphis, TN. Evacuated for a gas leak. Rode a Greyhound back to Texas missed a few days of work in the process.

Back