Boardgames event day

ok how about adding cards and video games and I can be a part time worker.........Too bad the video game industry is all dbag resellers and people ruining the true meaning of game collecting by price gouging.

ok how about adding cards and video games and I can be a part time worker.........Too bad the video game industry is all dbag resellers and people ruining the true meaning of game collecting by price gouging.
We had a ton of people come in and ask for video games when we first opened, but that's tappered off now. The resellers got into it because it's nearly impossible to get into "new" games because of the potential loss. It's expensive to get into new games.

Maybe advertise a collectors(cards and games) buy/sell/trade event or something.

We had a ton of people come in and ask for video games when we first opened, but that's tappered off now. The resellers got into it because it's nearly impossible to get into "new" games because of the potential loss. It's expensive to get into new games.
Old games are cool. The cool thing about new games is that they become old games eventually. Not that I have to tell anyone here, but you have to be on the hype train with new games. There aren't a whole lot of notable games from the last few years that people still carry on about are there? Also the games that get the most hype are multi player games it seems.Digital games and online multi player games slaughter the secondary market. Jokers on the facebook rummage want to sell a NES with 10 shitty games for $85. I don't think buying cd games used is terribly satisfying.

ok how about adding cards and video games and I can be a part time worker
In another town & state, my father works over holiday season and during train shows to pay off his line of credit at his local hobby shop. I think your idea has merit.We are just over a week for you to use this idea, but you could have launched your baseball card sales on opening day. That and one magazine for fantasy baseball and you could have something neat. Keep this idea for next year though.

does your store have a lot of different terrain pieces for Warhammer 40k? or do players bring their own?

does your store have a lot of different terrain pieces for Warhammer 40k? or do players bring their own?
I'll tag @O-Tron but I have seen alot of Warhammer stuff down there including Citadel paints.

We actually have someone in the process of building a Warhammer map for us with different terrains and such. It's fairly popular at the store.

We actually have someone in the process of building a Warhammer map for us with different terrains and such. It's fairly popular at the store.
Is he going to build in the store? Or bring it once it is complete? It'd be cool to see pics as its being built. Sometimes that is just as cool as seeing the finished product.

They do do some building on site, which is pretty nice to see and a cool touch for people interested in the game.

I went to a game shop this past weekend. I keep telling myself there is so much more to do before I start another project. I don't have a place to do it at now anyway. That is the project I'm working on now anyhow! The next thing you see me post in the "recent purchase thread" will probably be a multimeter or some WH4K stuff.

Do game stores make a profit on this stuff? How much is the mark up? I won't tell anyone ;)

We do, and we'd love to be your Warhammer supplier. ;)

Went and meet @O-Tron down at the new store a little bit ago. It's looking great. Think they are going to do even better down there. All the locals should stop by and show their support.

I'm really excited about how it came together in the store. I think it looks pretty good.

Well we finally did it @O-Tron . Took @C Pav into the store then he loved it.

What!!!! Why didn't you invite me to come along? Did he buy anything? Why does he hate me? This proves it!

What!!!! Why didn't you invite me to come along? Did he buy anything? Why does he hate me? This proves it!
He almost bought that Classic Batman box set in the window.

He almost bought that Classic Batman box set in the window.
I might actually buy that. That show was awesome. Just so @C Pav knows, that box set is also only available in comic stores. Collectible.

I might actually buy that. That show was awesome. Just so @C Pav knows, that box set is also only available in comic stores. Collectible.
Wow I had no clue with that.

Back