Truck prices

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So what is up with truck vehicle prices anymore? I am starting to look for a new/used truck since the current one that I have at the moment we have outgrown. I went to our local Chevrolet/GMC dealer here and I was mind blown by how much they are. A new GMC will run you about 70k for one. For some reason in my head I expected about 30k, but I guess it's been about almost 20 years since I last looked at truck prices. Even a used truck with around 25k-40k miles will run you 30-40k. When did trucks get so expensive?

So what is up with truck vehicle prices anymore? I am starting to look for a new/used truck since the current one that I have at the moment we have outgrown. I went to our local Chevrolet/GMC dealer here and I was mind blown by how much they are. A new GMC will run you about 70k for one. For some reason in my head I expected about 30k, but I guess it's been about almost 20 years since I last looked at truck prices. Even a used truck with around 25k-40k miles will run you 30-40k. When did trucks get so expensive?
They've been this way for a while - like a long while.  They hold value too, so getting a new one is very expensive and getting a used one is pretty spendy too.

It all depends on how fancy you want to go. Want brand new? $40k will get you a new F150 with everything you need. My workplace just bought a new GMC fairly loaded up (not the highest) for $50K. Pickups do hold pretty good trade in value which is the gently used ones are so expensive.

It all depends on how fancy you want to go. Want brand new? $40k will get you a new F150 with everything you need. My workplace just bought a new GMC fairly loaded up (not the highest) for $50K. Pickups do hold pretty good trade in value which is the gently used ones are so expensive.
Ya just went and looked at Fords site, they seems to be cheaper for new. By the way this is the one that I looked at used:http://www.gmc.com/trucks/sierra-1500-all-terrain-pickup-truck.html

Had I think 22k miles, 2016 model I believe still wanted 40k for it.

Ya just went and looked at Fords site, they seems to be cheaper for new. By the way this is the one that I looked at used:http://www.gmc.com/trucks/sierra-1500-all-terrain-pickup-truck.html
Had I think 22k miles, 2016 model I believe still wanted 40k for it.
Ford has big rebates generally on the F150's. I wouldn't buy until you are getting right around at least $8k off in rebates. I've seen rebates all the way up to $11k if you buy a holdover.

I know one thing that is going to be scary soon is all the waterlogged vehicles hitting the used market soon from Texas, Florida etc.

Ya I have been looking at trucks all day from towns nearby, no way around it, trucks are just dam expensive.

Back