Beryl for linux

I got compiz with XGL going, but then I don't remember what it was that happened, but I had to use my XP cd to fix my MBR, need to reload grub.  Haven't tried Beryl though.

I'm thinking about giving this ago, might experiment with it here at work first to see if I can get it running correctly.

I'm thinking about giving this ago, might experiment with it here at work first to see if I can get it running correctly.
Good idea... trying it that is, i don't care whether you speriment at work or home though but get 'er done

This Idea has really got my thinking. I believe this is where desktops are going. Mutlicore ,multidesktops. But I think we need to take it a step farther and create a multiple desktop based off a hexagonal design. After all this is the most efficent design of storage. A square is ok, but you could spin a hexagonal design way better. Basically a core for each destop.

SUCCESS!

Well after getting it all up and running I succeeded, and all I can say is "SWEET!" . Now to get it up and running at home :cool:

SUCCESS!Well after getting it all up and running I succeeded, and all I can say is "SWEET!" . Now to get it up and running at home :cool:
Now we just need some video captures

SUCCESS!Well after getting it all up and running I succeeded, and all I can say is "SWEET!" . Now to get it up and running at home :cool:
Well I had to wipe it, they ended up selling it yesterday or I would have. Anyways, it is easy to set it up on a ATI video card, but man what a pain in Nvidia. I messed with it at home and messed up the xorg.conf file. Now I can't get back into Ubuntu without going through alot of trouble. i finally got in and edited the file but still messed up. I will start over and try again later.

Well I had to wipe it, they ended up selling it yesterday or I would have. Anyways, it is easy to set it up on a ATI video card, but man what a pain in Nvidia. I messed with it at home and messed up the xorg.conf file. Now I can't get back into Ubuntu without going through alot of trouble. i finally got in and edited the file but still messed up. I will start over and try again later.
That is very surprising considering nVidia support in linux is far superior to that of ATI.  Usually just install the nVidia driver as per the instructions, change the video driver to nvidia in your xorg.conf and away a guy goes

I changed it from "nv" to "nvidia" and thats what killed me  :smt011
That is very surprising considering nVidia support in linux is far superior to that of ATI.  Usually just install the nVidia driver as per the instructions, change the video driver to nvidia in your xorg.conf and away a guy goes

Or a feller could run in Init 3 and not worry about the display driver.  :oops:

Back