Time for some new tires

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes its that time of the year again. It falls every 3-4 years when you must purchase tires for your vehicles. Thinking about going with the same type though. I have gone through 2 sets of Nokians and have loved them. The downside they are expensive and are only a 30-35k tires. But they are the best you can get in winter without going to studs. Thinking of just going with the same all season Toyos that had I had last time. They remained soft and I had no problems with them. I did like the Firestones that @jmanz had put on his wife's vehicle though. They were nice looking tires.

The Firestone Destination line has serves us well. We have over 30k on the Destination LE's and they are still holding up well. I liked the AT's as well. Had them on the former pickup before trading it off.

Went with Toyo Extensia A/S for my car again. I ran with them last time and they were good. For our other vehicle I has Nokian Wrg3s put on.

So thinking about getting some new tires for our Subaru. This time I am thinking about going with a more 'off-road' tire. The downside is they normally come with more noise. But they looks so dam good on an Outback.

2018_outback_lpaventure_7_1024x1024.jpg

I went to the tire place after work and spoke to guy, they actually have the same tires in the picture above. in 16". I have 17" rims right now, so I would need an aftermarket rims set, but it would give me a taller sidewall. Plus they are 8ply, so I would be set for off road. My only main concern is road noise but all the reviews say that it is minimal for such a aggressive tire.

You do you man, but honestly in my opinion I think those tires look ridiculous on that vehicle in the picture

You do you man, but honestly in my opinion I think those tires look ridiculous on that vehicle in the picture
If you lived here you would understand.

A PSA for this time of the year, make sure to check your tire pressures. The cold can effect your tires. Mine had dropped in two vehicles because of the colder temps.

Well I am back looking at tires. I really want to buy local but my local Les Schwab is getting rid of most of their name brands and going with their own from a company that I have never heard of before. The specs seems great on the tires though. But they are pricey.

This is the tire:

https://www.lesschwab.com/reputation-tires-126232067.html

https://www.mazamatires.com/reputation/

Since they are new I can't find any information about them on the internet. There is some information on the internet about the truck tire version and people like them but nothing about the passenger car version.

Last edited by a moderator:
So they have no reputation then?

Well getting some tires on today, we will see how they are.

Enjoying the new tires. Can't believe how much smoother/quieter a vehicle is with new tires. They feel great cornering as well with the stiffer sidewall.

Gotta run those Wal-Mart specials until they are bald and cracking. Makes for some fun driving.

Gotta run those Wal-Mart specials until they are bald and cracking. Makes for some fun driving.
Look, we grew up less than fortunate. We made it buy with used beaters and used tires only when absolutely needed. Also only replaced the tires that is bad. On special occasions we would match the tires so the front or back were the same/. Now how or why @nodle needs new tires ALL THE TIME I will never know. You don't need new tires every single year. But "you do you".

Look, we grew up less than fortunate. We made it buy with used beaters and used tires only when absolutely needed. Also only replaced the tires that is bad. On special occasions we would match the tires so the front or back were the same/. Now how or why @nodle needs new tires ALL THE TIME I will never know. You don't need new tires every single year. But "you do you".
:ROFLMAO: what is going on? You mad at me because of what @ryanator posted? I never put anyone down for buying cheaper tires, this thread was more about looking for a recommendation. Now I know what Trump feels like all the time. Getting yelled at for something totally not related. I went back through the old posts up top to see if I was making fun of them somewhere, but not just talking or asking about tires.

:ROFLMAO: what is going on? You mad at me because of what @ryanator posted? I never put anyone down for buying cheaper tires, this thread was more about looking for a recommendation. Now I know what Trump feels like all the time. Getting yelled at for something totally not related. I went back through the old posts up top to see if I was making fun of them somewhere, but not just talking or asking about tires.
No actually I was joking so sorry if it sounded otherwise. I was joking more about how we never knew what new tires were growing up. I was also just giving you a a jokingly hard time for new tires, again, when it seems you just got some a year ago.

Just a re-cap on those last tires I bought, they really weren't great and I wouldn't buy them again.

Got some new tires put on my old car today. Was getting low, and wanted something new before winter. I think the last ones I had on there were about 7 years or more.

Got a wally world special for all 4 new tires, should be good 4-5 years. Drives like a luxury vehicle now. 🚙

Back