Flash Drives

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now I have seen cool flash drives in my days but never one like this. We got these new Kingmax flash drive in and I can't believe how small they are. You would have to see them in person but they are about the size of a piece of trident gum. But about half the thickness. Man what a great product, I think I am gonna have to pick one up. They make them in all sorts of sizes also.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820155005

Looks like a handy little device. Reminds me of the SD cards that you can flip open and plug directly into a USB port and use as a flash drive.

How do those flash drives get along with Legacy operating systems? How bout Linux? I've used a few with XP before but, have not had the occasion present itself where a flash drive was necessary to use with a legacy OS.

How do those flash drives get along with Legacy operating systems? How bout Linux? I've used a few with XP before but' date=' have not had the occasion present itself where a flash drive was necessary to use with a legacy OS.[/quote']Any "winders" OS previous to XP they will work fine, but you need to install drivers for them (maybe this was fixed with a windows update it's been quite a while since I tried it). As for Linux, they work the same as XP with any current distro that I've tried

How do those flash drives get along with Legacy operating systems? How bout Linux? I've used a few with XP before but' date=' have not had the occasion present itself where a flash drive was necessary to use with a legacy OS.[/quote']Any "winders" OS previous to XP they will work fine, but you need to install drivers for them (maybe this was fixed with a windows update it's been quite a while since I tried it). As for Linux, they work the same as XP with any current distro that I've tried
Anything above Winme you don't need a driver for a flash drive. Windows have the driver built in for the "removable storage device". But anything lower you will need the driver. Wime, Win2k, and Winxp are all ready to go just plug and play.

plug and pray you mean :)

Does anyone else have a fetish for these things? I just looked in my bag and I have them ranging from a 2gig all the way up to a 64gig models. :mellow:

I have one or two of them laying around is about it. Rarely have a use for them anymore. Between network transfer speeds to move files between occasional PCs, and Skydrive/Dropbox to sync files on my personal machines I haven't had much use for them in the past couple of years.

I agree I do use my Skydrive quite a bit these day. It does come in handy, plus unlike dropbox I don't have to install anything on my machine, plus it's right there with my Hotmail. I still use flash drives daily for my work though. I use my large to back up my game install so I don't have to re-download it when I re-format.

Use one fairly often at work but no need for one at home.

Back