Nicely organized utility room

I'm a big proponent of this, I see that some houses have better management and organization than others. What I'm assuming here is that if they need to redirect or add a new water pipe for either cold or hot, they can do so without a plumber having to perform a $500+ job. Also if one wanted to put in a water filter for a specific area of the house, they also don't need excess work of rerouting, pipe cutting, sweating to do so. My brother's house had a little better job done in his utility room (not as much as this) that allows better management for future work.

I'll give you an example that is a problem with mine, it was built in 2009, but a standard cheap job was done. If I wanted to put a whole house water filter in the utility room, it would connect to all cold water including the outside faucet, which is undesirable. All redirection happen somewhere in the ceiling, and not just the utility room, but some branch off later in other parts that are now drywalled I think.

That looks fantastic. So many pumps. We used to have a "boiler" for upstairs and another for downstairs. We have that hydronic heat (hot water baseboards)

The one for upstairs went out and the unit was so old, there were no replacement parts. So they tied it to the downstairs. It doesn't look nearly like that at all. My "boiler" is far away from my heater, my washing machine and the hot cold connections are dangerously close to my circuit panel but its grand fathered in.

My parent's outdoor watering system looks somewhat like this. My dad use to do this type of stuff so it's all nicely organized outside on the wall with pressure gauges etc. We had a hot water heater go out in our last house and me and my dad replaced it. When we put it in my dad added extra pressure gauges off it it so we could see our water pressure etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zu4e5wX.jpg

As much as I would love my utility room looking like those above, I did manage to clean mine up a bit today. Put some new shelves in, removed a bunch of old wiring also such as old coaxial cable and grounding cables. It's amazing how far technology has come where we don't need that stuff anymore. Once some data transfers get done I will move things around a little better too.

qge2TQb.jpg

V8i59If.jpg

t9xK3G7JHq-3q9tcXdjIEnculmQIsAL0hvGc8PkBQm0.jpg

tzwbh2e0hvi21.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
6dh47izk21l51.jpg

image.png

IMG_3042.jpeg

IMG_4938.jpegP

IMG_5318.jpeg

Back