Boardgames event day

I still have all of my cards. I was really big into them as a kid. Sometimes I think it would be fun to get a pack now and then but I never do.

I still miss the sports card scene and wish it would revive.
@C Pav If you want sports cards come on down to the store. We've got some and I want to get more serious into them. We just haven't had the customers yet!

@C Pav If you want sports cards come on down to the store. We've got some and I want to get more serious into them. We just haven't had the customers yet!
Really? Awesome.

Yeah, we've got some football and baseball cards right now. And I'd seriously like to prove my partner wrong that there are sports card guys out there still. We just need to find them and give them a place.

All you need is a small section in your glass counter. I am sure there are guys out there like @O-Tron said. Plus your have guys like @C Pav that are still into them. I am sure they will come out of the wood works. If you ever get any WoW loot cards in let me know. I may know a guy that would be interested. :cautious:

Say...from the time the advertising was started on the facebook group or by word of mouth, how much time did was allowed for advertising? Weeks or months?

Yeah, we've got some football and baseball cards right now. And I'd seriously like to prove my partner wrong that there are sports card guys out there still. We just need to find them and give them a place.
I think basketball is a stronger market these days as far as cards go...well stronger than baseball. Football is big too but I don't know for sure since it's been so many years. All I have left is a huge load of mostly commons ans my Frank Thomas collection. Also past White Sox players that I collected at the same time. As mentioned I sold my basketball pride and joy collection way back.I am looking to get rid of a lot of my stuff for a super reasonable price. Only interested in keeping the Thomas and White Sox stuff.

@WayneKerr Do you mean before we opened? We started advertising as we opened. But we did try to get the word out a bit beforehand. I'm lucky and one of my best friends is the editor of the local paper so we had a front page story in their weekly insert. It was good.

I think basketball is a stronger market these days as far as cards go...well stronger than baseball. Football is big too but I don't know for sure since it's been so many years. All I have left is a huge load of mostly commons ans my Frank Thomas collection. Also past White Sox players that I collected at the same time. As mentioned I sold my basketball pride and joy collection way back.I am looking to get rid of a lot of my stuff for a super reasonable price. Only interested in keeping the Thomas and White Sox stuff.
I hate NBA basketball so I struggle buying those card. I don't want to support that garbage basketball.

I hate NBA basketball so I struggle buying those card. I don't want to support that garbage basketball.
Come on where else can you get uncalled 9 step travels?

@WayneKerr Do you mean before we opened? We started advertising as we opened. But we did try to get the word out a bit beforehand. I'm lucky and one of my best friends is the editor of the local paper so we had a front page story in their weekly insert. It was good.
DerpI was referring to the Board gaming event in the original post.

Oh they definitely get out ahead of it months in advance. We've had flyers in our store since January I believe.

I think ads every once in awhile would help, not to mention flyers posted at the college. Do you guys have business cards?

I wonder where the market stands on Rage? Is that a game you've ever seen anyone play?

I've never seen it played, and I've never heard of it. I would guess the more experienced guys at the store have though.

I've never seen it played, and I've never heard of it. I would guess the more experienced guys at the store have though.
Its about Werewolves. It is circa 1996. Way old. I never did find anyone else to play it. I didn't understand what Magic was at the time but at least they still play that. *shrug*

Magic is still huge. I've played it a couple of times, but I had to stop. I have an addictive personality and it would not have been good.

I have an addictive personality and it would not have been good.
No you don't.

mBl9TYa.jpg

Back