Firefox web browser

Holy.... Now that's a browser!  :twisted:

Not to be outdone by Microsoft's recent release of Internet Explorer 7, Mozilla will release the second major version of its rival Firefox browser on Tuesday, October 24.

I see it's officially out.

Firefox logo spotted in deep space:http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/hubble-fox-1.jpg
The first is an actual image from the hubble, but rotated, and the second is the same with a familiar logo overlay.

Anyone tried Firefox 3?
LOL thats awesome. I can't wait till the official FF3 is out. I was considering the beta since it is so far along.

I've also been thinking about giving beta 3 a try.  It's been through a few releases and I've seen reports that it is in good shape and is nice

I've also been thinking about giving beta 3 a try.  It's been through a few releases and I've seen reports that it is in good shape and is nice
I used the last beta on version 2. I was stable even in beta form.

Loaded up the beta today. It is defiantly faster. Buttons for front and back are different. It also has "smart bookmarks" which are cool.

Today is the day! Firefox 3 is out!

Anyone tried out the new release?
Yes i have been using at work and home. Nice and fast and alot of new features.

Firefox updated this AM. Since then, I haven't been able to close a tab without closing the whole damn thing. Off to reboot.

Firefox updated this AM. Since then, I haven't been able to close a tab without closing the whole damn thing. Off to reboot.
It isn't too much to put up with when we compare the evil nature of IE.

I am a Firefox whore. I can't live without it or all the extensions.

I am a Firefox whore. I can't live without it or all the extensions.
I am part of the brothel too.

IE 8 or bust. Trade in your fox pelts.

IE 8 or bust. Trade in your fox pelts.
Someday you will see the light like the rest of the human race. Why do you want to use something so outdated and so insecure.

Someday you will see the light like the rest of the human race. Why do you want to use something so outdated and so insecure.
If I had said IE6 that might make sense....

Back