All things World of Warcraft

WoW Down to 7.1 Million Subscribers

Blizzard had their Q1 2014 earnings call today, announcing that WoW is down to 7.1 million subscribers at the end of Q1 2015. This is down 2.9 million from the Q4 2014 callthat listed WoW at 10 million subscribers.

• World of Warcraft’s revenue performance at constant FX has been more stable, driven by continued strong uptake on value added services, and price increases in select regions, which partially offset subscriber declines, particularly in the East.

• Heroes of the Storm had over 11 million beta sign-ups.

• Hearthstone is now at 30 million players, up from 25 million last quarter.

WoW Down to 7.1 Million SubscribersBlizzard had their Q1 2014 earnings call today, announcing that WoW is down to 7.1 million subscribers at the end of Q1 2015. This is down 2.9 million from the Q4 2014 callthat listed WoW at 10 million subscribers.

• World of Warcraft’s revenue performance at constant FX has been more stable, driven by continued strong uptake on value added services, and price increases in select regions, which partially offset subscriber declines, particularly in the East.

• Heroes of the Storm had over 11 million beta sign-ups.

• Hearthstone is now at 30 million players, up from 25 million last quarter.

One thing I think they could do to bring the subscribers back is make the garrisons guild centric. I also hate how much BOP stuff there is now. Especially the cloth and other mats. It takes me like 12 days to have enough cloth to make one item? Come on! If I want to sell or buy it on the AH I should be able to. WoW used to have one of the best Economics lessons in all of gaming with it's AH. Then again, it still does, it's just not a capitalistic one anymore.

Well the WoW tokens have changed things alot! Prices are way higher since people can acquire gold way easier. I have seen most mounts go up at least 100k in gold. Same goes for pets or any high end items. You want to know what the cause is? You stuck everyone in these dam garrisons and took away the social aspect. The content was dull and bland. Every item and armor looks dull and lifeless. Also bad choice of colors. Why don't you go back to your peak. Why was ICC so successful? Because it actually looked great, the models, the weapon the colors etc. Also quite making things so cookie cutter, people like to be unique. People like things hard. Go back to your roots. *

*Just hire me Blizz and I will fix everything! :)

Ya saw that it has been ten years to the day that this was uploaded. Crazy when you think about it. :eek:

Finally got my hands on a Darkmoon Rabbit. For those not familiar with the Monty Python movies, that is blood around his mouth. It took all my money but I have always wanted one.

cDSRoF0.jpg

100,00+ people banned in WoW today. I can't how this has affected gold both on US and EU realms.

Link

So that's what, around 1-2% of the current subscriber base?

So that's what, around 1-2% of the current subscriber base?
It's a big drop, in fact with their numbers already hurting, even banning them makes them lose even more money. Bot or not they still have to pay for a subscription. So if you take 100,000 x $15 a dollars a month. Well that is a lot of profit drop.

Look at how the gold value has leveled out since the bots are gone. I bet it will actually go up even more now.

b3OsXOL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at how much it has leveled out.

p2IAdz3.jpg

Finally a couple of screens from new movie. Impressive!

o4knqla.jpgtlLlJTS.jpg

I really liked this article. I played vanilla way back and one of the great things about it was how hard it was and how each new zone had stuff that could seemingly pop out of nowhere and kill you. And when you died it really sucked because there weren't nearly as many graveyards as there are now. Sometimes it would take you ten minutes to run back to your body. It sucked, but it was awesome and challenging in ways that not many games before it were. It demanded that you build relationships, something that is lost in the new game with the "insta" grouping, which is a fairly good way to put it.I don't know, I like the new expansion and a lot of the new content, maybe that's just me being away for so long and not having been jaded by the new changes yet. I hated Mists of Pandaria because it felt like it was just a reputation grind, but maybe I haven't gotten there yet with Warlords yet. There are a couple of tweaks I'd like to see made, like Guild Garrisons, to encourage people to play with friends again, but for the most part I'm very glad to be back. It's a great outlet.

Finally a couple of screens from new movie. Impressive!o4knqla.jpgtlLlJTS.jpg
Saw these today and I'm really happy to see that they are doing it right. They could have rushed this movie out a couple of years ago and made a billion dollars and have it be terrible. I'm glad they are taking their time. I just hope it doesn't such. The source material has a pretty deep bench of lore. If they did it right it could be pretty spectacular. The Warcraft story has been successful for close to 30 years now, they shouldn't have to change much.

Hit level 100 on my Lock this weekend. I think he is going to be my new main. Sucks since he is a DPS and I miss my healer que times though. So I have 3 100's now.

Hit level 100 on my Lock this weekend. I think he is going to be my new main. Sucks since he is a DPS and I miss my healer que times though. So I have 3 100's now.
I will catch you soon. I have five more poised to be 100 soon!

Ran 3 LFR last night. That is 7 boss. So you would think I would get a few pieces of loot. Nope nothing but dam shoes. That's all I got. :mad:

Back