Far Cry Primal

jthock

Lumberjack
Members
Got it for Xb1. First impressions: so far really liking it. It runs way better than I expected it to - I think the game engine is really good. The graphics are really well detailed and the sound is astounding. It's a bit hard as far as immersion because all of the characters speak in... caveman tongue. I think that's part of why the early reviewers didn't like the story. It's more difficult when you're dealing with a plot/environment that is so far removed from our culture and society. It's right up my alley, though. It looks like it follows the same model as FC3/FC4 as far as progression and crafting, which I like, which leads me to another point: If it's not broke, don't fix it.

I'm going to try to play it as much as I can but I think The Division is going to be super solid, and it's only 2 weeks away.

jthock

Lumberjack
Members
I didn't take into account that the Division is online only. Owell. 

So one cool part about FC:p is that each time you reload your saved progress a narrator quickly goes through your current story, which helps quite a bit. 

Same FC formula though. At least the same as 3 and 4 without English and guns. Spoilers:

the best parts by far are taming beasts and (so far) riding a Saber tooth tiger while wielding a spear. Oneshotting anything with a max  upgraded spear is aaaawesome!