Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Fall leaves

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I love the Fall I do. But the downside is all the leaves the trees drop. I have been trying to keep up on my yard and it seems like I am outside everyday now raking up leaves. The funny part is they are not even from my own trees but the neighbors. I did purchase a leaf blower/sucker thing last year so that will help, but right now there are not that many to use it yet. Anyone else have this problem?

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
Yes, so much this. I have no trees in my yard except a few small ones in the front in rock landscaped areas. My backyard gets more leaves then the neighbor who's yard the trees are actually in since they are so close to the fence. I could also go on about the roots of the trees in my yard too that little saplings grow from and in other spots the roots are all rotting and ruining the spot.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Yes, so much this. I have no trees in my yard except a few small ones in the front in rock landscaped areas. My backyard gets more leaves then the neighbor who's yard the trees are actually in since they are so close to the fence. I could also go on about the roots of the trees in my yard too that little saplings grow from and in other spots the roots are all rotting and ruining the spot.
Funny you said that for the first time I noticed this and had to cut two sets of roots popping up under my wed mat. The one root was a good 5 inches thick too.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Still going strong on these. Every dam day. We had some heavy frost last night. I have my work cut out for me this weekend. But this should be the final phase. My leaf sucker does help out a lot though. But I still have to rake.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well this season is starting to be upon us yet again. So many beautiful colors over here. But along with that comes the falling of the leaves yet again. But this year I will not have to worry as much. The types of trees our new lawn has are small leaves and there are only three trees that I may have to rake this year and they are also tiny leaves so more than likely most of them will blow away with the wind. When we first moved here and my dad had to run to a bunch of hardware stores looking for some gutter material for our garage. We actually had a hard time find some. What we found is most of the homes around here have no gutters and everyone just lets the rain fall off. They also really don't have a leaf problem either so no one puts them up. Just a different climate I guess. Those cotton woods back at our old place and the other trees I had were horrible with their leaves. Has anyone else had to start cleaning up leaves yet?

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
No worries this year for me. We went from two huge maple trees that would make my life hell at our former home to one infant tree that was just planted. Loving it!