Office 2007 FYI

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a heads up, i just ran into this. If you make a default document in word 2007 and you save it. It is incompatible with older version of word. Unlike office 97-2003 they could all open each other. But not anymore (thanks Microshaft) Now when you goto save you need to click "save-as" and save as a "office 97-2003" document instead of just hitting save. FYI

That's pretty ghey.

Just a heads up, i just ran into this. If you make a default document in word 2007 and you save it. It is incompatible with older version of word. Unlike office 97-2003 they could all open each other. But not anymore (thanks Microshaft) Now when you goto save you need to click "save-as" and save as a "office 97-2003" document instead of just hitting save. FYI
They are trying to hedge out open office and the like.

Ghey indeed, makes more work and I am sure I will have a customer soon with this problem.

Just give into the system and buy '07.  I hadn't really realized this, but I'll have to be careful as I have 07 at work and home now.  Could cause problems if I were to send a document out to a customer.

Just give into the system and buy '07.  I hadn't really realized this, but I'll have to be careful as I have 07 at work and home now.  Could cause problems if I were to send a document out to a customer.
Exactly.

Just to let everyone know I guess, I just checked and in Word '07 you can set the save option to save as a 97-03 .doc file, rather than the new .docx by default.  So you don't have to do a save as everytime if you want to have all documents backwards compatible.

Just to let everyone know I guess, I just checked and in Word '07 you can set the save option to save as a 97-03 .doc file, rather than the new .docx by default.  So you don't have to do a save as everytime if you want to have all documents backwards compatible.
Thankyou sir, glad Microsoft pays you the big bucks!

Very good sir. Thanks for checking into this.

I just happened to run across it while I was digging around.  Office 07 programs are a lot different than previous versions IMO.  Actually I think I was trying to find the "About" screen in Word. 

Back