Emulate Mac OS X

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Well I'm bored at work.  So i downloaded PearPC, an image of a 6GB hard drive in the Mac format, and OS X Panther, and am now working on installing OS X to the image emulating it in Pear PC.  The image below is the start of the install.  I'll keep y'all posted on progress.  I've been trying to get this going for a few days, but kept running into snags... I tried Tiger first, but the ISO i got ahold of didn't work out so well for me...

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Nice work sir! I have seen guys get these up and running with a little pain and suffering.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Well it is currently still installing, approximately 40 minutes left (if it's timer is accurate), I'd like to get ahold of Tiger and try an actual dual boot.  This will be a PowerPC version of OS X just being emulated from within windows.  From some reading I did before starting I will likely have a heck of a time getting sound and network working within the emulated OS. 

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
Well it is currently still installing, approximately 40 minutes left (if it's timer is accurate), I'd like to get ahold of Tiger and try an actual dual boot.  This will be a PowerPC version of OS X just being emulated from within windows.  From some reading I did before starting I will likely have a heck of a time getting sound and network working within the emulated OS.   
You're a good man sir. Fascinating.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Pic of it up and running.

It's slightly disappointing so far, as I really can't do much of anything other than play with the standard apps from a basic install.  I need to get the stupid thing to mount the ISO's for CD2 or CD3 to a false CD so I can install more junk... I can get it to read a normal CD however.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
To heck with emulation.  Here's your first post on fluxoid from a macbook.  Also, not only that, but from Win XP on a macbook.  OS X is ok though, a little time and a guy could get used to it I think.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
To heck with emulation.  Here's your first post on fluxoid from a macbook.  Also, not only that, but from Win XP on a macbook.  OS X is ok though, a little time and a guy could get used to it I think.
As much bashing as i do to the OSX i have never really used it. Seems kinda close to linux.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
As much bashing as i do to the OSX i have never really used it. Seems kinda close to linux.
Well they do use the Linux kernel.