AMD Ryzen cpu chips

Meh... if you are gonna look, look at newer better i7's or the i9 or something. If you already have more than you need, then who gives a RIP about bang for your buck, obviously not you, becuase the best bang for your buck is to keep using what you've got. If you need an upgrade, get a REAL upgrade.

I know, I know. But I love looking at new cases, new water cooling, new motherboards. @C Pav understand this.

I hear you... If you gonna look to upgrade, upgrade though. Just get a 9700K

So 9700k $529.99

8 Cores / 16 Threads

3.60 GHz up to 5.00 GHz / 16 MB Cache

Ryzen 7 2700x $308.99

8 Cores/16 Threads UNLOCKED

Frequency: 4.3 GHz Max Boost

20MB of Combined Cache

That's a big saving of $221.00 That can buy a mean case or motherboard for the difference. Don't get me wrong I hop back in both between builds with AMD and Intel. When I built my i7, nothing AMD produced could touch it, not it seems like AMD is back on top once again. Shoot for that much money I could spend a tad more and get an AMD Threadripper a true 16 core processor.

uw0fdo7iofc21.jpg

So I am starting to get more serious about stepping up to a Ryzen system. Been checking out boards etc. The only things I really need is a board and cpu, the rest of my system is in good shape. Well could use a new video card, but since they are outrageous still, guess I will stick with my old 970gtx for the time being. @C Pav I can't take this journey alone...

I have been getting pretty serious lately, and researching like I do. Basically there are a few chipsets to choose from. I think I got with an x470, but a b450 would be fine as well. x470 is better for overclocking, but I don't plan on doing that, but the extra onboard .M2 slot I feel is worth it. Trying to decided on what board maker now. Asus/MSI/Gigabyte. I currently have a Gigabyte which I never have problems with, but kinda want to go with MSI this time. I have always had good luck with them, but Asus are always top of the line. It's a touch call.

I'm also just going to stick with my current video card since you can't find a video card without paying an outrages price (thanks bitcoin miners). It's insane to think my 4 year old card is worth so much and outperforms the cards available and to try to upgrade would cost me about $700 for barely a performance boost. Bitcoin destroyed the video card industry.

It seems like Intel has backed themselves into a corner with their CPUs lately. No room for expansion.

I see memory price haven't dropped since I last purchased my memory. Amazon showed the date of my last purchase and I paid the same price I did back in 2016. It seems like the memory market along with the non-ssd hard drives haven't moved in price.

Man components keep selling out. Everyone must be getting their tax returns back.

This sucks, here I am all ready to get this going and it seems like Amazon is out of stock on everything. It seems like the Ryzen platform has got popular lately.

So change of plans. Since I can't seem to buy a good board for a AMD 2700x (seems to be sold out everywhere), plus my board and chip is still good, I have decided to go a different route for the time being. The new AMD chips the with the Zen 2 architecture are suppose to come out this Summer (June/July), I will just update my board and processor then. My oldest piece of equipment is my video card which I never upgraded last time (since 2014 ?) So that is the weakest point in my system. So I decided to upgrade that. Best bang for the buck right now is a RTX 2060. I explored all my options and this one seems to be the best price/clock speed/features/warranty for the price. Say hello to my little friend. Should have tomorrow.

zt-t20600d-10m_image_01-led_0.jpg

Well I thought while I was at it I would do a little upgrading on my case. While I love Corsair cases and think they make some of the best, my current case makes me want a little more cable management in the back. I have had my eye on this case for awhile and for the price I couldn't pass it up.

I've got a theory that Amazon is out of stock on almost all their Ryzen motherboards because the new boards and chips are right around the corner, there is no excuse for them to be out of stock on so many. Either that or they are super popular.

So I need to update this. After the case I bought some custom cables as well. Going for a black/white theme.

71txlVDTuuL._SL1500_.jpg

Oh and not that big of deal but woke up and ordered:

91fCkEEq7UL._SL1500_.jpg

61Biwd5Uw9L._SL1500_.jpg

us-pc-gaming-master-race-feels-good-man-comforters.jpg

Am I doing this right?

k0qdzbtz6zh21.png

Wanna see who gets more FPS on a game. My 7800X + 1080Ti vs. your Ryzen + RTX?

Back