Spyware removal

Small program that does a good job cleaning spyware and trojans. Make sure to update before running. And make sure to do "full" system scan.

www.ewido.com

The Lavasoft name is synonymous with antispyware. Our ?agship product, Ad-Aware, was the original commercial application designed to seek and destroy adware and spyware. It remains the most popular choice for home computer users around the world today, with nearly one million downloads every week.
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

Windows Defender is a free program that helps you stay productive by protecting your computer against pop-ups, slow performance and security threats caused by spyware and other potentially unwanted software.
LINK

Like the Windows Task Manager, the a-squared HiJackFree Processes section lists all running processes. But additionally it shows tons of useful information at the details pane. File properties, loaded modules, online information and process details that indicate whether the program runs as a service, was started by an autorun entry or opens TCP and UDP ports.Open Ports
http://www.hijackfree.com/en/hijackfree/

Working on a user's infected machine and its turning out to be a little bit of a challenge. I ran Malware Bytes and Combo fix in safe mode. They removed some things but I'm still seeing some website redirection. I know the obvious answer is to format but would rather not go that route yet. Any other good programs or suggestions to try?

Well make sure to do combofix in normal mode, I don't trust safe mode. Also make sure it updates itself. After that Malewarebytes, followed by superantispyware. You must run both. If it still remains then you may have to break out the big guns and run more things like Hitman pro, bitdefender and even load Microsoft's AV, and do a full system scan. Let me know if you need more help.

I don't remember combo fix updating itself, I thought that was weird at the time. Any way to force an update with it?

Well make sure that you have internet, also make sure under IE>tools>internet options>connection>lan settings> that there are no check marks under proxy settings.

Well ya that's all good, I don't think it even attempted the update. Normally it says updating, I've seen that before. I'll give it another go with the other programs you mentioned today.

Well ya that's all good, I don't think it even attempted the update. Normally it says updating, I've seen that before. I'll give it another go with the other programs you mentioned today.
Call my tech support number if you need help (aka my cell).

Sweet, I think Hitman pro took care of the root kit. So far so good. Thanks Nodes!

I'll send you my bill... :money:

The check is in the mail :evil:

Sometimes you have to throw alot at these systems to get them clean. Some clean up fairly simple. Others are a challenge and you have to fight them.

Problem fixed, closing thread.

Back