What's new
Fluxoid forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dryer repair man

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
So I become a dryer repair man last night. My wife's dryer started squeaking real bad. Took it out to the garage and disassembled the entire thing. I can't believe the dryer lint that was built up! There are not to much to them. Pulled the drum out and all. Tonight I will take it outside and blow the rest out with an air compressor and get it nice and clean. Going to replace the belt, along with lubricating the drum attachment and idler pulley. I was originally just going to toss it, but just a little maintenance and she will be as good as new. Anyone else ever taken one apart? There is not much to them.

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
All cleaned out, blew everything out today, everything lubed back up. Just waiting for the belt Monday and good to go.

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
So thought I had this all fixed, I guess not though. Had to order another part. Hoping it's not the motor.

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
Well it ended up actually being the motor, but we were able to fix it. We had to disassemble the entire thing again, but she is all put back together and whisper quiet. Saved quite a bit of money by doing it ourselves.

Top Bottom