The perpetual "what are you currently playing?" thread

I am playing Madden 13 before I open my Madden 25 because I didn't finish my traditional 1 season in franchise last year so will finish that before playing 25.

Also playing Dragon's Crown for the PS3 and Bully Scholarship Edition for the 360. Got to get some stuff finished before Grand Theft Auto 5 comes.

Street fighter IV: AE. I bought it during summer of 2012. When I was about to buy it on the steam holiday sale, I realised that I already purchased through Amazon.

I just loaded Hammerwatch. Its like Gauntlet or Catacombs(old cga game)

Currently I've been playing:

Max: The curse of Brotherhood - Xbox One

Ryse - Xbox One

Lego Marvel Superheros - Xbox One

Call of Duty: Ghosts - mix of 360 with a little One

Assassin's Creed Revelations - 360

Batman Arkham Origins - 360.

I guess for the record, I've completed the first and last of those entries over the holidays, so it's just the other 4 I'll be working on for now.

Plan is to finish Revelations, move onto AC: III on 360 and then to AC: IV on the One.

I haven't powered on my Ouya in months. It would be nice if every TV and monitor in the house had HDMI. But they don't.

Finished up Revelations. I started AC: III a couple weekends ago, but didn't get any time on it this weekend.

Lately I've discovered Extinction mode on CoD: Ghosts with my group of buddies and have had a hard time getting away from it.

Yesterday however, Titanfall. All I can say is that it is fricken awesome. I got into the beta a little early, but didn't get a chance to play until yesterday, which is when they opened it up to all Xbox One owners. The beta only has two maps, one titan class, and caps you at reaching level 14. Either way, I played and played and then played some more. The videos don't do the fun of the gameplay justice.

Titan Fall seems awesome, but I would need to play a game like that on PC.

Accuracy son. My thumbs are broke on consoles.
Who needs thumbs with Kinect. Just double jump, wall run and drive your Titan in the living room.....

Who needs thumbs with Kinect. Just double jump, wall run and drive your Titan in the living room.....
LOL does it support the Kinect?

LOTS of Call of Duty: Ghosts lately, but not normal multiplayer. It's been Extinction mode, some solo, some multiplayer, but it's more survival stuff and team work. Also, for my group of buddies less prone to lag, since its us vs. the cryptids. Plus there's achievements! Escaped point of contact map a few times now, beat the nightfall map for the second time last night. Can be tough stuff and takes a lot of teamwork. That's a problem with most public matches, since you get some jackass that doesn't play well with others and just does there own thing making it difficult or impossible for others to complete.

Anyway, with Thief out yesterday I am thinking I may pick it up and have to play through that on the Xbox One. It looks like something up my ally. Gameplay videos are reminiscent of Assassin's creed with more stealth, so maybe more of Dishonored.

Some AC III, or at least I started it. Need to get back to that and finish it up as well so I can move on to AC:III Liberation since it's on console now and finally make it to AC: IV.

Picked up several games during the XBox games sale.

Bastion was amazing and already finished it. I am now playing Dust: An Elysian Tail and it is also a great game.

Started on Thief over the extended weekend I took. It's pretty decent. Some of the game play gets old. Mostly the having to hold X then tap X to open a window, just to go in, steal a few trinkets and then turn around and do it again to get out.

Apparently I do not always sit so still when playing games though. The first 4 hours I played I didn't have a problem, but when I went back to it yesterday for a bit it kept performing a "swoop" when I wasn't pressing the corresponding button on the controller. It's basically just a quick/fast/low movement in one direction meant to move from shadow to shadow unnoticed.

Anyway, turns out it there is some Kinect body controls and it was picking up some slight forward/backward leaning movements with my upper body as I moved about the environment and this caused a forward or backward swoop. Didn't even realize I was doing it until I figured out what was going on.

Titanfall is now played pretty frequently. I completed the campaign over the weekend. It isn't really that long and is multiplayer/online. Basically it's the same as the rest of the online multiplayer in the game. Mostly it is attrition matches (team deathmatch) and a few hardpoint (domination) matches. There are 9 rounds in the campaign, which you play each twice, once as the IMC and once as the Militia. Aside from the matches there's some cutscenes and such between so it adds some context to the gameplay, but not a ton.

So, one more in the rotation to slow progress on others. I also played with the Twitch streaming some more. It works pretty well, but the one annoying thing is that with all their traffic from console gamers these days, I guess they introduced buffers to let existing hardware handle more streams. So, if I'm playing, people are watching with anywhere from 30-120 seconds of delay that Twitch induces. Apparently "professional" gamers can request access to a feature to set the delay. Haven't figured out if it is really only pro gamers, or if that's just their way of saying people who care enough will find this and ask for it...

Been playing Hearthstone alot.

I have been catching up on old games in my back log. Finished Alan Wake's American Nightmare the other day. I then played some of the free XBLA games. Started with Shoot many Robots to get some achievements and also started the latest free game Dungeon Defenders. I have also been playing Puzzle Quest 2 and Galaga Legions DX. I still need to try and finish Dead Island as well.

Lately I have not been in the mood to play any large disk based games. Small pick up and play games have been keeping me occupied and I will admit it, I am starting to like digital over disk based due to the fact I don't have to swap disks and can quickly exit a game and load another without having to put in the disk to play and I also don't have to install the game from disk initially. All there is to it is to download the game and play. I still like physical for the collector in me but haet the fact that the game has to be installed from disk and the disk has to be in to play it.

Still on my blizzard kick. Playing WoW for dailies/arena cap with someone I met on my server. Play Diablo III because for their "anniversary celebration", for a week the droprate on legendary items has been increased by 100%. Figure it's the best time to grind. Still playing Hearthstone, watching Trump (http://twitch.tv/TrumpSC ~ 12:00 PST every day). And I'm also trying to get more MW3 time in on Xbox360. Still like that game the best as MW2 has been taken over by hackers as WaW was.

Rabbit trail; one time I called customer support about the cheaters in World at War and they said that there's nothing they can do because the developers have all moved on from the game/stopped supporting it, but they gave me the opportunity to start writing down the name/gamertags of people who were hacking and to email a special support email to have them banned. I never really did it but I would have been happier if they just gave me admin for the game. Lol.

Still looking forward to seeing if/when they will release Mighty No. 9. (Mega Man's spiritual successor, as Keiji Inafune, creator of Mega Man, quit from Capcom).

http://www.mightyno9.com/

I have read that the development team from the revamped Mega Man 9/10 games is on board with the project, as well as the original music composer from the original games.

Also I'm definitely buying Mario Kart 8 for Wii U at the end of this month.

p.s. ^ How is the Alan Wake DLC? I am a big fan of the standalone game. Worth purchase?

Yes I think all the Alan Wake DLC was worth it.

Back