Malaysia Airlines 'loses contact with plane'

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm putting this here for now until they find out exactly what happened. But how do you lose a plane in this day and age? I mean there are even apps for your phone that can track planes. Plus don't they have a "Black Box" to always broadcast back home? Also what about everyone and their cell phones? I mean you can track GPS even in cars today. So what do you think happened? Terrorist? Crashed? UFO hijacked?

Malaysia Airlines says it has lost contact with a plane travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, with 239 people on board.The airline said in a statement that flight MH370 disappeared at 02:40 local time on Saturday (18:40 GMT on Friday).
It was expected to land in Beijing at 06:30 (22:30 GMT).

"Malaysia Airlines is currently working with the authorities who have activated their search and rescue team to locate the aircraft," the carrier said.

The Boeing B777-200 aircraft was carrying 227 passengers, including two children, and 12 crew members.

It went missing two hours after taking off from Kuala Lumpur.

It was lost in airspace controlled by Vietnam, China's Xinhua state news agency said.

The aircraft did not enter airspace controlled by China and did not make contact with Chinese controllers, the agency added.

Malaysia Airlines has told the BBC it will be holding a press conference later on Saturday.

The airline is the national carrier of Malaysia and one of Asia's largest, flying nearly 37,000 passengers daily to some 80 destinations worldwide.

Well, I'll add my $0.02, which for now is just who knows what happened.

As far as tracking/losing it -

Sure there's apps to track flights, but they rely on services which provide the data about where the flight is at any given point in time. This info has to come from the airlines or FAA or someone tracking the flight. Essentially just plotting points on a map and drawing lines, also probably guesstimating after the most recent point based on destination.

As for the black box, does it transmit? I thought they were just a recorder that had to be recovered in order to get the info from it. I know one broadcast I saw about this mentioned another fairly recent crash in which it took 2 years before the "black box" was recovered.

Perhaps it's a PR stunt and they are bringing back the show "Lost" and starring those aboard....

Also it was weird with the stolen passports for a couple of the passengers. Odd stuff.

There were even reports that it "disintegrated in the air". Lol they can't do that. I was wondering if it maybe flew over that Dragons Triangle over there that is suppose to be like the Bermuda Triangle.

Russia is in on it. They worked with China and Maylasia to divert current events.

Still blows my mine that they can't find this. Welcome to the Twilight Zone.

Latest news is that the plane turned off course, going the opposite direction. Terrorism or Mechanical failure suspected.

Latest news is that the plane turned off course, going the opposite direction. Terrorism or Mechanical failure suspected.
Where the proof? All speculations so far.

According to the Malaysian Air Force official, who declined to be named because he is not authorized to speak to the media, the plane's transponder apparently stopped working at about the time flight controllers lost contact with it, near the coast of Vietnam.

The Malaysian Air Force lost track of the plane over Pulau Perak, a tiny island in the Straits of Malacca -- many hundreds of miles from the usual flight path for aircraft traveling between Kuala Lumpur and Beijing, the official said.

If the data cited by the source is correct, the aircraft was flying away from Beijing and on the opposite side of the Malay Peninsula from its scheduled route.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/11/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Still speculation, even if it did go off course they haven't found it yet. So my theory of the Twilight Zone is just as much proof as his.

Malaysia's military is looking into the "possibility" that the missing Boeing 777 turned and flew hundreds of miles to the west but can't say for certain it reached the Malacca Strait, along the country's west coast, a transport official told NBC News.
So it's just a possibility.

Still no plane...

6juyoBj.jpg

Makes you wonder how something can go missing now a days.

I've wondered if this was an insertion mission gone awry from the beginning. Mostly because of the passport issue.

I had another thought this morning. Having so many different countries and their assets in close proximity will increase tensions. Will someone get an itchy finger?

Now they are saying the plane could have possibly landed on an island and could still be alive.

This story gets weirder every day.

I've not read into this 404th produced thing. Does it have anything to do with error 404 - page not found?

I've not read into this 404th produced thing. Does it have anything to do with error 404 - page not found?
Ya, that's the joke. Its a bit insensitive though.

Back