I have yet to charge my watch. I have gone a week and three days now. This is with me shutting it off though when I get home in the evenings. Impressive!

Battery died finally here. So 10 days it made it.

To bad you can't charge this "smart" watches by the simple movement of your arm. How much did that watch cost? At least a person didn't have to plug it in.

To bad you can't charge this "smart" watches by the simple movement of your arm. How much did that watch cost? At least a person didn't have to plug it in.
Only $150 now. Charging is pretty easy. It's better than a daily charge with the iWatch.

No I mean the fancy watch from back around 2000. Didn't need a battery or to be wound. Just your movement would keep it in time. I think it was Citizen.

No I mean the fancy watch from back around 2000. Didn't need a battery or to be wound. Just your movement would keep it in time. I think it was Citizen.
I think you mean Seiko or Pulsar watches. They have the Kinectic movement that winds itself from the movement in your wrist. The Citizens (I have one) have the Eco-drive that uses solar or regular light and never need a battery. Even though some of my G-shocks also have this feature.

Righto. It was one of them. Not sure of the name. Back on topic I guess. :whistle:

Found out that this has a built in music manager. I can play/pause switch tracks back and forth from my watch. No need to grab your phone or remote in the car now.

Was reading over this thread and still love my Pebble to this day. Constant improvements and firmware even for my old, old model. I have been waiting for a deal on the Pebble Time since the Pebble Time 2 was announced. Just has to hit that sweet price point for me.

Interesting, but I don't disagree. As much as I love my Pebble, and even my iwatch, they have their places. But a classic watch you cannot beat. If I am going somewhere nice, or to Church I prefer a classic styled watch. Your job also makes a difference. Some times in a loud environment where I can't hear or feel my phone vibrate, my wrist lets me know better.

No One Is Buying Smartwatches Anymore

Well it looks like the end has come for Pebble. Rumor last night is Fitbit bought them out. The rumor is that they are going to discontinue them also to get rid of the competition. Last year Pebble had an offer to sell for 170 million. This year they sold for 40 million just to cover their costs. They just released their new line and some people haven't even received them yet. Still blows me away I thought they were doing awesome. I loved their watches. I have been wearing my new one for about two days and was enjoying it. Guess I am going to box it up and return it now. R.I.P. you will be missed greatly!

Apparently the rumor about Fitbit buying Pebble wasn't true? According to Twitter is was a hack/disgruntled employee spreading the rumor? Guess we will have to wait and see now.

I saw all the speculation that Fitbit was considering a purchase.  I haven't seen anything that says that they won't - but anything last week was known rumor/speculation that they were in talks.  Never did I see a "Fitbit has completed purchase of Pebble" - but acquisitions take a while so it still could happen.

I think both Fitbit and Pebble are struggling, not sure the combination would help either one

Still surprised, I figured in the digital age we live in smart watches would be flourishing. I love mine, my Pebble that is over my iWatch. It's great in a business environment. Still don't know if I should return my new Pebble or not. I packaged it up after hearing the news, but kinda in limbo until Pebble makes an official statement.

Welp that's it. Pebble is officially dead. :( I'll be returning mine this weekend. I feel bad for people that haven't even received them yet. They are still filling orders from Kickstarter. How would you like to get that only to find out it's dead tech already. Sucks, they had everything going for them.

I am still bummed about Pebble going under. The good news is they are real cheap to purchase these days. Mine still functions flawless and I wear it almost everyday. There still is nothing really on the market that comes close to it though.

Well it's a sad day, I decided to retire my Pebble today. the way still works, but I see the app no longer connects to the internet anymore. There is a side project called Rebble to keep it going, but I think its time. Uninstalled the app, turned my bluetooth off and left the Pebble on to drain the battery. Good night sweet prince.

Back