What's new

Drones everywhere!

nodle

Administrator
The Age of Drone Vandalism Begins

In the early hours of Wednesday morning, the age of robotic graffiti was born. KATSU, a well-known graffiti artist and vandal, used a hacked Phantom drone to paint a giant red scribble across Kendall Jenner's face on one of New York City's largest and most viewed billboards. By all accounts, it is the first time that a drone has been deployed for a major act of public vandalism.

Last edited by a moderator:

nodle

Administrator
How long till someone comes out with a mini version of Lili that follows you around taking selfies for you?

nodle

Administrator
Drone racing.

STXGPDI

Last edited by a moderator:

nodle

Administrator
California governor vetoes bill banning drones over private property

The bill, spearheaded by state senator Hannah-Beth Jackson, would have banned quadcopters from flying below 350 feet around private properties -- at least, not without the permission of the building's owner, anyway. It passed both the state Assembly and state Senate in August, prompting opposition from GoPro and advocacy groups with ties to Amazon and Google. Brown has now dismissed the bill, however, because of its potential to "expose the occasional hobbyist and FAA-approved commercial user to burdensome litigation."

WayneKerr

Without getting to technical and trying to dig too far among the cobwebs; I think they are too close. Here is why I wouldn't feel comfortable that close to the back of the antenna:

http://www.astronwireless.com/img/aa_rad2.gif

Depicted in the picture is the waveform of an signal orientated to 0 degrees. Dead center is the transmitter. From center point towards 180 deg you will see radiation from the transmitter.

I wouldn't want to put my melon that close. You might be fine, have your brain scrambled, or only have daughters; like I did.