Does geography affect your political party?

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
So driving back from lunch and I started to think about this. Does the area of the country you live in, directly effect your political stance? Here is what made me think of this. I have a friend that is from the East coast. He moved out West with Democratic views. Then once he was out in the rest I notcied his stance changed to Republican views. Then he moved again back home and now I notice his views are back to Democratic values. So do you think it has an effect on people? Is it mass thinking? What are your thoughts on this? I also don't think it's unique to states but can also be unique to the city you live in.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
So driving back from lunch and I started to think about this. Does the area of the country you live in, directly effect your political stance? Here is what made me think of this. I have a friend that is from the East coast. He moved out West with Democratic views. Then once he was out in the rest I notcied his stance changed to Republican views. Then he moved again back home and now I notice his views are back to Democratic values. So do you think it has an effect on people? Is it mass thinking? What are your thoughts on this? I also don't think it's unique to states but can also be unique to the city you live in.

The area doesn't matter - it's the people in an area. Will affect some people more than others, but if you live in an area that's politically biased to one side or another, you're likely to see/hear more from that side and over time lean the same direction.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members

When you say he moved West, I'm guessing not to the West coast. Because his liberal views wouldn't change out there if he's easily influenced.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
When you say he moved West, I'm guessing not to the West coast. Because his liberal views wouldn't change out there if he's easily influenced.
No he moved to ND when he was Republican. Like you said the West coast is just as bad. We are being surrounded!