Mozy backup software

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you think about this company? How can they afford unlimited backup solutions?

www.mozy.com

So i set this up for my sister yesterday, was real easy. Everything is encrypted and was real easy to setup. I would recommend it. I think i will switch my parents over to this also.

Well, for $4.95/month for each computer, I can see where they could afford unlimited backup space.  Most people aren't going to have more than a few gigs of junk that is getting backed up, definately not more than say 1TB, which a person would easily pay for a drive to hold their data and a few others in a year.

My sister has 26gigs. I wonder how long for 3 terabytes.  :annoyed:

My sister has 26gigs. I wonder how long for 3 terabytes.  :annoyed:
Yes, I suppose, but how much really needs to be backed up?  If i were to backup all my Music/Movies/Docs/pics, I suppose I may hit 80GB, but after that doing incrementals to file changes would slowly build up.  At 4.95/month it wouldn't take all that long and I would have paid for what little space I was using, and just be putting money in their pockets

It's reall not that bad, considering buying an external harddrive.

It's reall not that bad, considering buying an external harddrive.
No, it's not terrible.  It would take a couple years for the cost of the storage to add up to an external drive, and this way that money is going towards unlimited backup and it's off-site, so disaster recovery as well.  I'm just saying I can see where they can afford to offer this service at the price. 

Back