Amazon and shipping

Usually somewhere on the right side I see something like "Order within X hr Y min, to receive this by <delivery date>" Most products are still a 2 day turn around that are on any of my lists. For me, the couple 1 day deliveries I've had just happen to be items coming from a warehouse close enough to have been a 1 day delivery before they ever made this new free 1 day prime.

Usually somewhere on the right side I see something like "Order within X hr Y min, to receive this by <delivery date>" Most products are still a 2 day turn around that are on any of my lists. For me, the couple 1 day deliveries I've had just happen to be items coming from a warehouse close enough to have been a 1 day delivery before they ever made this new free 1 day prime.
I'm Jelly Sir, would love to have delivery like yours. I believe it will come to most of all America someday.

Looks like Target is advertising same day delivery on their site now too.

This is great news for the consumer, bad news for the local business. I'm telling you the future is no more store fronts but online only, mark my words. I have yet to see anything of my items show overnight on Amazon though. Everything still shows two days.

This is great news for the consumer, bad news for the local business. I'm telling you the future is no more store fronts but online only, mark my words. I have yet to see anything of my items show overnight on Amazon though. Everything still shows two days.
It's been trending that way for quite awhile. Malls across the country are dying fast.

It's been trending that way for quite awhile. Malls across the country are dying fast.
Do all your products show next day on Amazon for you?

Do all your products show next day on Amazon for you?
Says yesterday shipping. Damn that's fast.

I think they will use more and more people for home delivery like they are doing in larger cities for home deliveries, it will be like Uber. They will also have their own line of shipping tucks to deliver to 'Hubs'. They will also start setting up 'lockers' and other spots to pick up your own packages with one time use codes etc.

I think they will use more and more people for home delivery like they are doing in larger cities for home deliveries, it will be like Uber. They will also have their own line of shipping tucks to deliver to 'Hubs'. They will also start setting up 'lockers' and other spots to pick up your own packages with one time use codes etc.
Great model, it's like they are advancing so much that in no time, we can just pick up items from a building ourselves among crowds of other people. I swore this model was pitched in the past, and I think a man by the name of Sam Walton tried to revolutionize that.

I'm still calling BS on this, everything I see still shows the same two day shipping on no matter what I look at. Can anyone verify that theirs shows next day?

It depends on what you are buying, where it would ship from and where you reside. Currently on Thursday, I see most things are saying deliver by Saturday, but I have 12-14 hours to place the orders yet to get that by Saturday, which is more or less 1 day shipping if I waited until the deadline.

I did find one item just looking around that I could still order today (Thursday) and it could be at my doorstep tomorrow (Friday)

It depends on what you are buying, where it would ship from and where you reside. Currently on Thursday, I see most things are saying deliver by Saturday, but I have 12-14 hours to place the orders yet to get that by Saturday, which is more or less 1 day shipping if I waited until the deadline.I did find one item just looking around that I could still order today (Thursday) and it could be at my doorstep tomorrow (Friday)
FInd a generic item that shows next day and post it here, I would like to compare it and see what I show. I am starting to think this whole next day thing isn't for all areas.

Yup just like I thought. This is a Monday for me here, so therefore overnight shipping is not quite true for all areas. Everything is still 2-day here. They should really change that of put an asterisk to say "not available in all areas".

Last edited by a moderator:
So strange thing, still no next day delivery in our area. But the last two days I have noticed that if you order before 9 a.m then it does show next day. makes no sense.

It's been ages since we've ordered anything from Amazon. Guess I wouldn't know if they've changed or not.

Man Amazon really came though the other day. I still have no idea what the lady did. I spoke to them and asked if it was still to late to get the 4k version of the fire stick at prime days pricing. She does something so that I get it even cheaper refunds me a bunch of money and gave me credits. Made no sense but I came out real good.

Man Amazon really came though the other day. I still have no idea what the lady did. I spoke to them and asked if it was still to late to get the 4k version of the fire stick at prime days pricing. She does something so that I get it even cheaper refunds me a bunch of money and gave me credits. Made no sense but I came out real good.
I don't understand them giving you anything, or you even feeling entitled enough to ask. If I were the person you asked, you'd have gotten a stern f-off, the sale was on for two days, if you didn't buy it at that time you can pay the current price or wait until the next sale with the same pricing.

Back