Discuss workout routines, advice, etc. in this thread.

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
This thread is for the discussion of exercise and weightlifting. You can talk about routines you use, advice on techniques, adn anything else related to the subject.

I will add my 32 cents later.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
Well this is my current routine. Right now I'm doin sets of 5, reps in the 12-15 range lighter weights.. I just got off a cycle of doin 3 sets, 8-10 heavy weights. Good to keep it changed up now and then.

Sunday- Chest day. Bench press, incline dumbell press, incline fly, flat bench dumbell press, and pushups to finish out.

Monday- Leg day. Quad extensions, curls for the hammy's, squats, calf raises.

Tuesday- Biceps- Barbell curl, dumbell alternate curl, hammer curl.

Wed.- Triceps- dumbell kickbacks, close grip bench press, dumbell extensions.

Thur.- Shoulders- Barbell overhead press, dumbell lat raise, arnold press(dumbell), shoulder shrugs.

Friday- Rest

Sat- Rest

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Forgot to mention that I do a little running and boxing for some added cardio.
This guy wants a round with you. ;-)

dhertel

Members
Members
I work out 4 days a week.

Monday is chest only

Tuesday is biceps and Triceps

Wednesday is Back and Shoulders

Thursday is Legs

Dont forget to change routines about every 4 weeks.

I am in the bulking up phaze now so I take protein, creatine, vitamins, more protein. Make sure you get plenty of rest.

The 3 days of rest helps greatly. I keep my workouts around 1 to 1.5 hours in the summer and will go up to 2 hours in the winter. You will also have better gains with a trianing partner.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
I work out 4 days a week.
Monday is chest only

Tuesday is biceps and Triceps

Wednesday is Back and Shoulders

Thursday is Legs

Dont forget to change routines about every 4 weeks.

I am in the bulking up phaze now so I take protein' date=' creatine, vitamins, more protein. Make sure you get plenty of rest.

The 3 days of rest helps greatly. I keep my workouts around 1 to 1.5 hours in the summer and will go up to 2 hours in the winter. You will also have better gains with a trianing partner.[/quote']

The bulking up shows buddy. The guns are blazin!

C Pav

Members
I go by my own rules. By this I mean I experiemnt with many supplements and lifting routines. Many say that cutting and bulking don't go together and must be seperate phases. I agree to some extent but decided to test this on my own. While using the supplements listed above my workouts went like this.

Monday: 30 minutes heavy cardio on stair stepper buring about 625-650 calories(according to machine).

30 pushups to warm up

3 to 4 sets bench press 1st set always with 2 45 lb plates on each side then progress up from there. In the peek of this I was maxing about 225 on last set which was 4th or 5th set. I was able to get about 3 to 6 reps last set. I would then drop the weight and do as many as I could until back to 2 45 plates.

3 sets overhead triceps extension using single dumbbell. 40 lbs on first then 45 then 50 at max. I then dropped to 30 for a quick last set.

3 sets dumbbell flies with 25 pounders.

cable tricep pushdowns or bent tricep pushbacks. Cable pushdowns would be about 35 to 45 pounds(not quite sure). The kick backs were 8 pounders(I know small but form over weight).

Finally finish up with some stretching and pushups.

I did the same exact thing on Thursdays.

C Pav

Members
Tuesday:

30 minutes cardio same as above.

Biceps curl using dumbbells then shoulder presses using same weights, then shoulder shrugs. I would start with 20 pounders and do about 25 to 30 reps. Next move up to 25 ponds and do to failure about. Lastly would be either 25 or sometimes 30 pounds.

Next was cable bicep curls. I would do about 50 or so pounds and move up.

Lastly was side shoulder raises and front raises. I would use 12 pounders(injured and weak shoulders) and do about 12 reps. 3 sets.

Finish up with ab and oblique workout. 25 full situps, about 2 minutes scissor kicks, 10 crunches, then 25 "penguins" for obliquies.

I also did the same on Fridays

C Pav

Members
Wednesday and Saturday:

30 minutes cardio as before on stair stepper. Sometimes on Saturday play some basketball too.

3 to 4 sets dead lifts with bar and 2 45 pound plates.

3 to 4 sets lat pull downs on cable machine. Start with 110 pounds then move up.

4 to 5 sets Hip slide/sled machine. start with machine and 55 punds on each side. I would do aout 55 to 60 reps. I then would add 45 more pounds each time.

3 sets back cable rows. Not sure of weight.

Sunday was the "off" day.

I would do back rows again with lighter weight and at home. 4 or so sets 25 reps. I would also do upright shoulder rows/pullups. Not sure on the name but whatever.

Any questions or anything? I have some results pictures to show what the outcome was.