Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Dirt sifter box

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Built myself a dirt sifter box tonight. My dad picked me up some construction screen and I used 2x2s for the framework. Think I am going to pick up some drawer handles for the sides to make it easier to carry and sift. Been out mining crystals so this should help.

WayneKerr

Mad scientist
Members
I would enjoy see pics of any discoveries.   Do you have any action shots?  Do you hike for paydirt and do it at home? 

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
No you do it on the spot. I have them sitting in Muriatic acid right now. Here is a pic of them the other night. Just some of what we found. I should get the iron out soon after the acid.

Last edited by a moderator:

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I actually bought some silver wire the other day and when I get them nice and clear I think I am going to try to wire tie some of them to make some pendants. The most fun is seeing the shape drop out in the dirt. They are kind hexagonal. And covered in a clayish dirt so you have to rub them with your fingers. Then when you look at them you get to see what you got. I see how old miners got gold fever. Time starts to fly and even my wife got into it.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I know a couple of you asked to see this. Nothing fancy. I picked up some handles on the way home for it. She should get the job done though.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well don't think the acid did much. But picked up some rust out and am soaking them in it as we speak. Getting things packed up and heading out in the morning again. Wish me luck!

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Had a pretty good day over the weekend till I got rained out. The screen helped out a lot. Found some of the biggest ones so far to.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
As a side note, I started to make some jewelry out of these kinda for fun, but it seems like some people like them in fact I have a store wanting to carry them. Basically as many as I can make. Sold my first one yesterday in fact. Who would had thought?

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Went camping last night go up early and got some good finds. Out in the garage soaking right now, looking forward to seeing them tomorrow.