Apollo 10 astronauts heard mysterious 'music' on moon

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Recently unearthed recordings made by NASA of the journey, which took the Apollo 10 capsule around the far side of the moon, show the astronauts reacting with surprise and confusion to an unearthly howling noise in their headsets.The sound began once the capsule was on an hour-long trip around the far side of the moon, out of the range of any Earth broadcast. At one point the baffled astronauts can be heard discussing whether they should tell NASA command or not.
Source

Looks like they have released the sounds. Wish I could listen but at work.

Sounds

You aren't missing out - your latest link has a few short clips that were all in a the video of your original link.  That and some genius talk show hostess saying "why would it have to be interference, couldn't it just be space wind..."  xD

Funny part is I have read many stories about people saying they heard music in space before. Kinda makes you wonder.

Music is a pretty loose term for this.  It doesn't sound like music to me at all.  I could definitely buy that it is some form of radio interference.

it's the opening ambiance riff to a huge space guitar solo

cb47c790170d0ec602886932d88fb44c.jpg

Sounds like it has a lot of reverb to it. But then again it kinda sounds like people screaming.

Back