Costco and shopping

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have a Costco card? My work recently got one for me and my wife and man talk about dangerous. They do have some killer deals, not only on food but electronics etc. I walked out of there thinking "why did I buy all this stuff"? If you could hold off and hit the place about every month and by bulk I think you could save tons of money.

Have had one for a couple years.  Probably go 1-2 times per month, usually to stock up on frequently used items and to get a few things from whatever they happen to have on sale that month.  While there's plenty of deals, the biggest thing is that it's all in bulk.  If you get way too much of something and can't ever use it all before it goes to waste then it's not much of a deal. 

I was pretty tempted to add to my collection of eneloops the last time I was in there.  They hadn't had them in stock for a while and had a kit marked down a few dollars. 

It's also where I buy brisket and some other meats if I'm looking for it.  Brisket is an example of where I can get the full brisket and prime grade for 50% less than any meat shop in town, and most of the other shops are selling only "choice or better" grade.

I was pretty tempted to add to my collection of eneloops the last time I was in there.  They hadn't had them in stock for a while and had a kit marked down a few dollars. 
I almost did the same lol. The had a kit with the charger and 8 AA and 4 AAA. I really don't need another charger (have two already), but even with the charger it was a good deal and free 4 AAA.

Can a person shop effectively online from Costco with a membership since the nearest store is about 3 hours away?

Can't say that I've tried their online shoppings.  You should be able to peruse the site without a membership to see what they offer?

Can't say that I've tried their online shoppings.  You should be able to peruse the site without a membership to see what they offer?
You can't view all prices that way though.

I know one thing that I am sure that won't be free will be the shipping. If you would had listened to me then you could had not only saved on shipping, but on tax as well.

I know one thing that I am sure that won't be free will be the shipping. If you would had listened to me then you could had not only saved on shipping, but on tax as well.
What was that advice again? Buy one in Montana? Had no room for that.

What was that advice again? Buy one in Montana? Had no room for that.
Yes you did your trunk was plenty big enough for it, you might had had a tight trip home but it was doable. Worse comes to worse your wife could had rode on the roof rack on top.

Picked up a laptop the other day from Costco. Best thing about buying from Costco is you get a second year warranty for free on the electronics.

Back