Stocks and investments

I think it'll rally back a few times. When the 10 yr bond gets over 3 %, then it might get a bit dicey. Do they have any more tricks up their sleeves?

GEEZ, what a brutal few days. Is the ride over? I mean why? WHy such huge drops in such a short time frame?

GEEZ, what a brutal few days. Is the ride over? I mean why? WHy such huge drops in such a short time frame?
New Federal Reserve chair person typically gets met with some market volatility. Interest rates are a concern. Speculation has been kind of building for awhile now.

I hope it keeps dropping and puts us in a post apocalyptic scenario.

giphy.gif

It feels like Mid December 2017 again.

Plunge Protection Team must be on holiday. Maybe pull up right before the bell?

Now the shorters have rolled the markets back to as they were around Thanksgiving time.

I think it's some big players trying to make headlines to take attention away from all the Memo related stuff. If the corruption was never exposed, the markets probably would still be plugging away.

I think it's some big players trying to make headlines to take attention away from all the Memo related stuff. If the corruption was never exposed, the markets probably would still be plugging away.
Could be right, you have the FBI texts, Nunes second memo coming out, and now Hillary is back in the game with her uranium deal.

Or the market was bloated and the bubble popped

Or the market was bloated and the bubble popped
But in a rigged game, they can take it anywhere they want. Look at Japan for example with debt to GDP ratio of 250%. They've kept preciousmetals suppressed for the last 50 years. Only way it'll ever break out is if the system were to collapse.

EXCLUSIVE: Cramer admits the markets are manipulatedIt's an oldie but a goodie.  Cramer says it right on camera.  He used to do it.  It's illegal?  So whaaaat.. SEC doesn't understand it.  Just remember this next time you turn on CNBC.
The markets are manipulated.  All markets are manipulated.  What's the 'take away' ?  You have several choices:

• A Get a job at one of the manipulators, break off and start your own manipulation firm

• B Find out how they are doing it and do it yourself (if you have a really rich Uncle, otherwise this option won't work for you)

• C Find a crack in the market manipulation engine and exploit it

• D Day Trading (but this is really, really, really tough and even if you can manage it, your years are limited.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEzsfPmh894

How Wall Street’s ‘fear gauge’ is being rigged, according to one whistleblower
The flaw allows trading firms with sophisticated algorithms to move the VIX up or down by simply posting quotes on S&P options and without needing to physically engage in any trading or deploying any capital. This market manipulation has led to multiple billions in profits effectively taken away from institutional and retail investors and cashed in by unethical electronic option market makers.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-wall-streets-fear-gauge-is-being-rigged-according-to-one-whistleblower-2018-02-13

The day is starting out strong!

Trumps tariffs on steel and aluminum really shook up the market. @jmanz was correct though these American steel and aluminum companies stocks really jumped.

Back