Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Davec's audio sample

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
So i got an "audio sample" track from davec. I guess it was ripped from vinyl and encoded at 320kbps. I have to say that this is very, VERY clean sounding. I don't know if it's the high encoding rate of because it's straight from vinyl. But i have to say i am impressed. The highs are so tight and clean. And this is my unamped version. Over more impressed than i thought i would be, i thank the man for the nice sample. Some time you get a chance you should try to go FLAC and see what that sounds like. Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
You should venture out to his place and listen to the tracks in his environment.  Pretty rockin.

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
Most excellent sir. Yes I'm gonna investigate that Flac. I was most impressed with that Ultrasone which was in Flac format.

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
I used a Flac plugin with EAC and encoded side one of Scandal - Warrior. Original file was 44k 16 bit (218 MB). After compressing with Flac, the file size always results in 145 MB regardless of whether I pick 320 kbps or 128. Off to the forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
One of the doctors at work had me rip 3 albums to wav. They changed their belt on their turntable but it still was slipping. Gave the turntable to me because they were moving. (Old JVC with standard mount) A little belt dressing and she'll probably be good to go. It was some comedy from the 60's with a heavy Maine accent.