iPhone apps subscription services

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am kind of sick of everyone following this whole subscription services trend. I don't have a problem with paid apps, but you used to be able to pay a one-time fee for it. Or even a lifetime fee. I am fine with those. Now all these apps are following everyone else and going monthly yearly etc. It just makes me not even want to use the app when I see this.

I am kind of sick of everyone following this whole subscription services trend. I don't have a problem with paid apps, but you used to be able to pay a one-time fee for it. Or even a lifetime fee. I am fine with those. Now all these apps are following everyone else and going monthly yearly etc. It just makes me not even want to use the app when I see this.
I agree, it's ruining everything because more and more services will go that route. Also why this is bad, it allows more control over the user to bait them in and keep increasing things whenever wanted. Quality is going down as well. It's like financing, "just pay a low monthly fee of so and so", but you end up paying a lot more which will lead to more drastic increases that users won't realize up front. It's like having debt.

It's annoying for consumers but the subscription model is the best way for companies to make money these days. They rely on people paying monthly and some even forgetting that they are paying for it because they don't pay enough attention to their finances.

They rely on people paying monthly and some even forgetting that they are paying for it
This, this is what they hope for.

Back