What's new

Crop Circles: Out of this world, or not too far from home?

ndboarder

What do you think... little green men, or just people without enough to do?

http://www.osfa.org.uk/windmillhill2002afull.jpg

nodle

Administrator
I've seen the reports where people claim to make them, But come on they appear so much and so random, that I don't think someone is going to take that much of their own time to do something like this.

ndboarder

I've seen the reports where people claim to make them' date=' But come on they appear so much and so random, that I don't think someone is going to take that much of their own time to do something like this.[/quote']Yeah, I saw a documentary on it a while back and did quite a bit of reading about that back in the day. I know why anyone would want to do that, or be able to pull off some of the intricate designs. It would be tough to pull something like the pic I posted from the ground level just walking, especially in a corn field where you can't see more than a few feet in front of you.

Jim - "What should we do Bob? I'm bored."

Bob- "I know lets go make a crop circle in someones field!" :smt115

Jim - "Bob, you're an idiot" :smt075

jmanz

I've seen the reports where people claim to make them' date=' But come on they appear so much and so random, that I don't think someone is going to take that much of their own time to do something like this.[/quote']Yeah, I saw a documentary on it a while back and did quite a bit of reading about that back in the day. I know why anyone would want to do that, or be able to pull off some of the intricate designs. It would be tough to pull something like the pic I posted from the ground level just walking, especially in a corn field where you can't see more than a few feet in front of you.

Jim - "What should we do Bob? I'm bored."

Bob- "I know lets go make a crop circle in someones field!" :smt115

Jim - "Bob, you're an idiot" :smt075
However, just a mile out of town to the north east of ya boarder there is a corn maze....not that the designs are quite of that magnitude, but they do some interesting things.....a picture of a soldier was their design a year or two i think.

nodle

Administrator
Perfectly aligned geometry and a man would be two different things to create. Plus how do you account for the radiation at most of the sites?

jmanz

Perfectly aligned geometry and a man would be two different things to create. Plus how do you account for the radiation at most of the sites?
you've put me into what i like to call a "box"

ndboarder

Also, the corn mazes around here are usually made using a combine I'm pretty sure, and from sitting in a combine it's pretty easy to see what you are doing. People who claim to make them say they use large boards with a rope tied to each end and walk the board around to make the "circles"

nodle

Administrator
zcrop.jpg