All things related to the Xbox platforms

Meh... if they do launch a console without a drive, there's already versions out there for people that want physical discs for games or movies. The removal of the drive would be entirely about lowering the cost (no drive + less material to make the smaller console).

The disc to digital program he claims would come with this discless console would be awesome. I would gladly turn in the few discs I have to get a fully digital collection. The games I have will never be worth large sums of money and I'm not one to haul them to a pawn shop or such.

Seems there have been multiple sites reporting that a new Xbox is in production with this disk less format. So I think it might be true. I am like you @ndboarder , it doesn't really make any difference to me. I think digital games have a lot of advantages of physical copies. Plus I think technology is ready for it. Larger hard drives and memory cards out there, faster internet as well. I just know people like @C Pav that are collectors are going to be mad.

@nodle, I see you have mentioned it twice now that I will be mad. Look, a disk based system will always be an option for quite a while now. They are only offering a disk less system as an option for a cheaper price. Way too many people also still like physical as well as blu ray, dvd and 4k ultra movie players.

@nodle, I see you have mentioned it twice now that I will be mad. Look, a disk based system will always be an option for quite a while now. They are only offering a disk less system as an option for a cheaper price. Way too many people also still like physical as well as blu ray, dvd and 4k ultra movie players.
I just know what you love. So say the Xbox2 came out and the announced it would be totally disk less. What would you do? I know you love the big collectors ones. I think all consoles will go this route sooner or later.

The v.next Xbox won't be discless. They may have a couple options, with and without a drive. After the debacle trying to essentially move to all digital in the last iteration, where the discs were nothing more than install media, I can't see them trying to force something like that with the next console release.

I wonder what the next name will be for the console? Xbox2?

You know what I would do
insert black sunglasses dropping to eyes and the phrase you all know.

You know what I would doinsert black sunglasses dropping to eyes and the phrase you all know.
I'm confused explain yourself.

I'll deal with it...old man.

I'll deal with it...old man.
Oh ok, now it makes sense. Who knows, like @ndboarder said maybe there will be two versions of a console, like a cheaper alternative with no drive and they will still make a larger one. Kinda like Sony did with the slim PS3 to cut costs. Besides there are to man Japanese game makers that like to throw in bonuses like used panties.

Who knows. The name should just be "Xbox" That's what it shoulda been last time. No numbers, versions, years, etc... Just call it Xbox. When you release a new one after that, just call it Xbox. The things are years apart, people will figure it out.
But most likely some dumb thing like Xbox Deus Z Ultimate Slim Turbo Edition

Since were on topic anyways today, any word on when the next Xbox is suppose to come out? I know it seems like they have released the new 4k not to long ago.

Since were on topic anyways today, any word on when the next Xbox is suppose to come out? I know it seems like they have released the new 4k not to long ago.
Rumor is 2020 - as noted in the video you posted about the discless Xbox One S.

Rumor is 2020 - as noted in the video you posted about the discless Xbox One S.
I know but considering you are Billy's nephew I thought you might have inside knowledge.

Looks like the next xbox name is, or maybe code name:

Xbox Scarlett

Code name. This name was also mentioned in the video about the rumored discless Xbox

Code name. This name was also mentioned in the video about the rumored discless Xbox
I kinda like the name myself, I hope that they would leave it and make a 'red' xbox.

J6DvBRCFLfaLn3NQcVNAlbINgad8El5nbnyokxHtqOk.jpg

E3 recap that I saw:

games, more games, more games, bought double fine, more games. Many looked good.

New elite controller, with better things (I want it)

Game pass has more stuff coming, now will include PC games, 100 PC games by August

Gamepass Ultimate is $15, but is Gamepass (xbox & PC) + Gold - 1 month for $1 for a limited time (PSA: If you have pre-paid gold at all, up to 3 years, and do the $1 deal it converts all your time from just being Gold to being up to 3 years of Gamepass Ultimate)

They didnt' talk a lot about project xCloud to stream games to anywhere you wanna play, I expected more on it actually

They said more about Project Scarlet specifications than I thought they would. New console, holiday 2020, which is what I've been expecting to hear.

Back