It's happening

ryanator

Reaction score
Computers and technology is so ingrained in our minds and culture, when something happens, everyone can just blame the technology and point no fingers at people themselves.

Today, both United Airlines and the NY Stock Exchange were totally shut down, and glitches were to blame. Officials just shrug their shoulders, blame technology, and everyone who has worked near a computer in the last 15 years will just say, "oh, those darn computers", and go along their merry way.

Basically, I see an easy escape goat or cover up behind things like this.

Also look at what's been happening to China's stock market lately, crashing bad.

Oh, and

http://media0.giphy.com/media/rl0FOxdz7CcxO/giphy.gif

Computers and technology is so ingrained in our minds and culture, when something happens, everyone can just blame the technology and point no fingers at people themselves.Today, both United Airlines and the NY Stock Exchange were totally shut down, and glitches were to blame. Officials just shrug their shoulders, blame technology, and everyone who has worked near a computer in the last 15 years will just say, "oh, those darn computers", and go along their merry way.Basically, I see an easy escape goat or cover up behind things like this.

Also look at what's been happening to China's stock market lately, crashing bad.

Oh, and

100% agree with you. Maybe the U.S. should had been getting thier act together with cyber warfare. They are far behind. Now think about this. You have Russia testing us, even just the other day on the 4th. This could be a "test". But more than likely they are causing it themselves since it's diving and like you said just blaming it on computers. So either a test or they are causing it.

BTW that is my favorite gif.

They more I think about this the more I am going to say it's more of a "test". To many similarities between the airline and this happening in the same day. The first rule of a nation is to not to panic the people. Always seem in control. I bet the cyber people are scrambling behind the scenes right now though. I am going to say it's maybe Russia this time. I think they are testing our weak points just to see how prepared we are. They know how weak our finical system is. Plus can you imagine crashing planes over the U.S. all at once? Another panic system. So even though they will lie about it, I believe that is what happened here.

There has been an increasing amount of bigger hackings lately. Database hacks are the usual thought of mind, which makes sense to get information. But the more dangerous type is control hackings which gives the hacker the ability to change the functionality of something. The question is if there is currently someone who is planning something soon and can change something significant?

I didn't even see the Wall Street Journal. So that means an attack on the media also. So yes no way this was a "glitch". You stop the media no one knows what it happening.

Back