Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Corsair new line of mechanical keyboards

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I saw that Corsair has a new line of mechanical keyboard out. I got to feel them hands on and see the K70. I have to admit they are very,very nice. Has Cherry reds and love all the color settings.

More

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I had seen this on Facebook. Very nice indeed, but only if it were wireless.
Most gamers actually don't want wireless. For one in case you run out of charge/batteries in the middle of a game you are screwed. Also you wouldn't get the anti-ghosting and key rollover either. Plus can you imagine the drain for the lights?

Last edited by a moderator:

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Kinda in the mood for another new mechanical keyboard. This time one that is not so loud. Going to either go with a Corsair or a Razer. Will probably do a RGB version.

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
Hmm now I am interested. Maybe get it for work and say it's for work. I hate using this Microsoft ergonomic thing. They get those for everyone here.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Hmm now I am interested. Maybe get it for work and say it's for work. I hate using this Microsoft ergonomic thing. They get those for everyone here.
I remember those, they were a fad for awhile. I even bought one way, way back in the day. Haven't seen them in years.

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
Link so I can buy. And explain the stupid difference with keys.

Also need a good mouse.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Ok here is the deal with the keys. Cherry is a key maker out of Germany, as you can expect just like everything out of Germany they make quality, precision, and long lasting keys. There are different types of keys out there including other brands.

Cherry MX Reds - Non tactile, meaning it's a straight though key. You press down on it and it goes straight down, there is no bump before the key engages. This is the most popular version of the Cherry keys. Great for gaming, had a great soft tough with a little satisfying click.

Cheery MX Brown - Close to a Red but is a tactical key, meaning there is a small bump before it engages. So basically a Red with a bump. Also about the same click sound as a Red.

Cherry MX Black -

Screw it go here it explains it better than me and has demonstrations.