Dewalt tools

I like the cable organizer built in @ryanator.

I went out yesterday afternoon and got the old wood I pulled out that was being used as an old sandbox (new one is being built in progress) and though I would build my wife a raised flower box. We had on one side of our garage a place where someone had planted some tulip bulbs. There were two small pieces of wood where they tried to make it decorate, I pulled the wood out, it was mostly rotted off in the ground and used my shovel to dig out the bulbs, they have some long roots. Then I took the wood and used my Dewalt skill saw and did some measuring and screwing and made the frame. Then went to our green house and emptied all the old planters which had great black dirt (the previous owners must had spent a fortune on potting soil) and loaded it in my wheel barrow and filled it to the edge. Came out way better than I thought. Not bad for a guy that don't know what he is doing and old wood I was going to toss. That Dewalt saw sure comes in handy for project and being cordless I can bring it anywhere.

I love my Dewalt stuff. I had to do a job today, ran home and grabbed my stuff and used it. Those drills are a beast. I even broke out and charged my XR 5 AH batteries. I think I will pick me up a set of new bits for my drill. I borrowed some Dewalt bits today and they were great.

Just picked up some new drill bits.

81rk+RaKd3L._SL1000_.jpg

Picked up a dual pack of Dewalt tape measures, and another Dewalt bit kit.

I think one of my next Dewalt purchases will be a set of step bits.

dewalt-13q2-DWA1790IR-main-lg.jpg

Well I have a old Black & Decker weed eater from Walmart. I have had it quite a few years. It works well but the battery life is absolutely horrible. I saw a Dewalt in the store the other day and I didn't even know that they made one. We all know how great their batteries are and I have plenty of those now. Anyways they make two models one with a battery and one without. Well I know what Amazon sold them for. We have a store in town here that sells tons of Dewalt stuff. I went down and sure enough they had some. They were having a sale and I even ended up saving $25 cheaper than ordering it off Amazon. So I couldn't pass it up. So say hello to the newest member of my Dewalt family. Picked this up and some Dewalt string as well. It rained here most of the say yet so I haven't had a change to try it out yet.

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/1000/2d/2d5944a7-879a-44b5-8f13-c882a123da95_1000.jpg

Hmm... I can't get behind big tools on batteries.  Dewalt makes a mitre saw that does battery as well.  I just can't imagine this running that long on a battery.  With enough batteries sure you can do it.  I had a battery operated one probably 8 years ago, could barely get by with the tiny bit at our old townhouse yard.  Batteries have come a long way - but I'd still go buy a gas powered trimmer if I had more than a tiny bit to trim.

I hope it works out great for you.  If you have to swap batteries more than once to do your yard, I would take it back and buy a gas powers Stihl trimmer.

If you have to swap batteries more than once to do your yard, I would take it back and buy a gas powers Stihl trimmer.
I will let you know. I watched a few Youtube videos on it. The guy said after doing his entire yard, he only used 1 bar on the battery meter out of the 3. Well I have two of large batteries and two of the normal capacity ones also, so I am not to worried. Like I said my old Black & Decker is only like a 14.4 volt from probably 6-7 years ago and when it has a full battery it works very well. I will be using it this week so I will post my feedback.

I saw the dewalt one Friday when out running some errands at a local hardware store.  Looked nice, but I was more intrigued with the newer Stihl gas powered options since you get a motor unit and changeable heads - would be nice to have a trimmer head for most use and also their tiller attachment and maybe even edger attachment

I'm in the market for a new one also. Would like trimmer head and edger.

I'm in the market for a new one also. Would like trimmer head and edger.
I bought a Stihl trimmer when we moved, so I guess that's already 7 years ago.  As much as I'd love a new interchangeable one, the one I got is still running like new so I don't really have much reason to upgrade.   Their interchangeable stuff is the Kombi system.  Ace hardware stores are dealers I know if you want to check them out.

Broke out the weed eater last night. The assembly out of the box was a little bit of a pain. You have to force both rods into each other until a little pin snaps in place. It was kind a pain. But after that just snapped in a battery and off I went. It has a dual speed selector. Also has a nice balance and is lightweight with even the battery attached. One thing is it is super quiet. Also way more powerful than my other one. I like the safety triggers they feel great. I felt like I was carrying a gun out of the "Aliens" movie. It reminds me of that. I was tearing through high grass like it was nothing. This one is different than my other one. This is like the old style where you tap if you want more string to come out. My other one automatically does it. My only concern with this would be pushing out to much string. It has a built in cutter that cuts the string off if it's to long. I may still keep my other for small job and use this one for massive grass growth. I played with it a lot and only used one bar if that tells you the battery usage. Granted this one on one of my bigger batteries though. Still it's nice not running out of power.

The had a killer deal today on Dewalt tools, even had a rep there from Dewalt. 50% off all bits, cutting wheels etc. 20% off all the rest of the tools. I was looking at a table saw but couldn't justify the $550 price tag. Then we went to a garage sale today and found a 10" table saw with stand and all the accessories including 4 other wheels. I only paid $40 buck for it, my Dad said I got a pretty good deal for it. So it will work for me.

Picked up a Dewalt utility knife after church today.

Probably good for cutting plywood or, would a table saw be better for that? I got a project where I need to replace flooring. Figure to use a reciprocating saw to cut out the old.

Probably good for cutting plywood or, would a table saw be better for that? I got a project where I need to replace flooring. Figure to use a reciprocating saw to cut out the old.
Table saw for large pieces still. Jigsaws have their places though. Notches in things, circular patterns, basically getting into places where a normal saw can't. Now that we have one I think it has been over at my Dad's most of the time, he made some real fancy barn doors with it that have a slope and raise pattern.

If you want fairly long and nice straight cuts I would go with a table saw over anything else if you have access.  If that isn't available, then I would use a good straight board to clamp to plywood as a guide for any cuts and use a circular saw.  If you don't have that, then the same type of system with a jigsaw would work fine too.If you're cutting odd shapes out of the plywood the jigsaw would work well.

Back