Cheesemonger
Administrator
This really needs to stop.

Crews remove Baltimore's Confederate statues overnight

Confederate monument is removed after violent protests in Charlottesville

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
I can't figure out if you are serious about stopping the removal of monuments that have something to do with the losers of the civil war, or if this was a joke post to show the picture of Colonel Sanders

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I can't figure out if you are serious about stopping the removal of monuments that have something to do with the losers of the civil war, or if this was a joke post to show the picture of Colonel Sanders
Actually both. I wanted to discuss how it is wrong to take these down, and the Colonel Sanders things is a joke, but also I could feel that it isn't. I mean them taking down the monuments are almost as crazy as the Colonel Sanders joke. Who knows it may come to that. People forget that "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." You can't erase history no matter how bad it was. Times were different then. I feel as if the whole world has gone mad.

Last edited by a moderator:

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Mount Rushmore will need dynamiting.  
This actually isn't funny, I have already head serious talk about this. People claiming Washington owning slaves etc. This is already in the works.

Take this for example, we had a Confederate monument in our capital here as well, and I saw some people saying it will probably be next as a joke. Well guess what, even here they removed it yesterday.

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
Lincoln believed that he had the “right” to redefine the Constitution in whatever way he personally preferred, the formal amendment process be damned.  Treason” is defined by Article 3, Section 3 of the Constitution as “only” levying war upon the United States, or giving aid and comfort to their enemies.  The word “their” is all important here, for it means “United States” is in the plural, i.e., the individual states being united to form a confederacy. Treason is levying war upon the individual, free and independent states.  That of course is exactly what Lincoln was doing – levying war upon the states of the South.  He chose to redefine treason to mean instead any criticism of himself and his policies.  That was the basis of the mass arrest of hundreds of newspaper editors and owners, and thousands of other Northern citizens suspected of being critics of government policy.
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/07/thomas-dilorenzo/presidents-war-media/

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I'm telling you this is just the beginning trial to see how people will respond. It wont stop here, it will continue. It hides under "racism", but it has ulterior motives. You gonna start to see more and more history erased in this country.

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
In his book, The Unpopular Mr. Lincoln, historian Larry Tagg, a native of Lincoln, Illinois, constructs a powerful case that Abraham Lincoln was by far the most hated and reviled of all American presidents, North and South, during his lifetime.  For example, in May of 1864 the New York Times labeled Lincoln “a perjurer, a usurper, a tyrant, a subverter of the Constitution, a destroyer of the liberties of this country, a reckless desperado, a heartless trifler . . .  there is no circle in Dante’s Inferno full enough of torment to expiate his iniquities.”
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/04/thomas-dilorenzo/the-deification-of-lincoln/

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
ulterior motives
Parents of college-age children are finally catching on to the cultural Marxist PC scam.  Cries of “insensitivity” every time a conservative or libertarian speaker appears anywhere near a college campus; “safe rooms” equipped with play dough, soft music, and videos of frolicking puppies; the endless accusations of “racist/sexist/homophobe” aimed at all non-leftists on campus; and widely-publicized episodes of vulgar, ignorant, x-rated, “students” screaming their heads off at conservative campus speakers have exposed the real purpose of political correctness:  censorship of any and all non-Marxist ideas. It’s not about fighting racism, sexism, etc.; it’s about censoring the ideas of freedom.

Today’s college students have been –and are being – trained to be intolerant, totalitarian-minded, communist thugs.  All for a mere 50 grand a year at even mediocre institutions of “higher education.”
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/12/thomas-dilorenzo/real-purpose-pc/

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Today’s college students have been –and are being – trained to be intolerant, totalitarian-minded, communist thugs.
I can see this, there are changing the whole mentality of the students. It's almost like an agenda was pushed out to the staff. Pushing for very democratic thinking even in highly republican schools.

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
All the carrying on that we see today reminds me of the mid 60's including the war protests. I wasn't around but, one reads and hears comments. 

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
With Rec weed passing in many states, I'm convinced things are cyclical. 60's on steroids now. Pun intended.