What's new

Concert ticket prices

nodle

Administrator
So Pearl Jam is going to be playing again close by this year. The tickets are very, very hard to come by with basically a lottery style drawing just to have the chance to purchase them. But then I looked at pricing. For basically stand seating, nothing special is $430 each ticket! I have seen these guys a few time and the last tickets I bought were $50 each. Granted that was maybe 10 years ago, but still.  It's not just them either but most musical artist are this way these days.

ndboarder

some seat $800 a ticket.
Where are you looking at these tickets?  Are you looking at general admin or some special seating?  It's like hockey games I go to once or twice a year.  I could sit in a seat for 30 or 40, but usually instead I end up on StubHub buying some up close seeing for 5-10 times the price since it's not something I can get to all the time.

ndboarder

oh - well that explains it. It's a sold out concert so you can't get them normal price or through normal means and  you are looking at resale tickets (you know, like how people get a NES classic and charge 5 times the original price)

nodle

Administrator
oh - well that explains it. It's a sold out concert so you can't get them normal price or through normal means and  you are looking at resale tickets (you know, like how people get a NES classic and charge 5 times the original price)
Ya PJ concerts sell out in about 5 minutes. Unless your part of the "Ten club", or you can put in for a lottery.