Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Coffee Drinkers unite!

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I don't know how but I had a k-cup blow the bottom open and pour all the coffee grounds into my coffee, and I didn't notice until I hit the bottom. Yuck!

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Been making this one at home.  Got a large box of them from Costco.  They also make a decaf version of the French roast that we keep around.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Been making this one at home.  Got a large box of them from Costco.  They also make a decaf version of the French roast that we keep around.
Is that from one of those massive $50 box of K-cups? I have though about picking some up to save money, but was always worried about the flavor.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Yes.  Usually we pick up either the Carribou or Starbucks cups they have, but my wife was looking for a good strong decaf option.  We ordered a large box of the decaf from Amazon and she really liked that.  When we saw the same brand in a bulk box at Costco we picked up the regular as well.  For most of them at costco it's just a big box full of loose K-cups.  For this brand, because of the way the the pod is made there are a number of bags included that each have 10 cups or so in them.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
What are the best style of bean do you think? Columbia, Kona, Mexican, African? Been drinking some Kona stuff lately, it's not 100% beans but has a nice deep rich taste.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Might be getting rid of the Keurig. Ordered a new coffee makers this morning. Same one that @jmanz has. The only reason that I liked the Keurig was the ease of getting a fast cup of coffee before I head out of the door in the morning for work. The new one has a timer, so as long as I get it ready the night before I should be good.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well have used the coffee maker the last couple of days. I learned it's not like a Keruig and you just want to fill the water reservoir to the amount of of cups you are going to make, not keep it maxed out. :ROFLMAO:.