Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Coffee Drinkers unite!

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
@7ithium did you ever get your Eko brew? I was just using mine this morning and wondered what you though of your coffee now?

Havel3k

Lumberjack
Members
Hey - been a cutting wood and roughing it for a few weeks (still got offline games - just enough juice to connect with garbo  DSL) so I've been using my mom's pot.

Funny though I'm actually going to pick up my Keurig and adaptor today, so I'll let you know!

Last edited by a moderator:

Havel3k

Lumberjack
Members
Liking it more everyday. I just need to get a smaller spoon and grind way less beans. I tend to grind a pot's worth, even when I'm trying to make a sliver of that portion, also causing me to spill dust all over the place. Any ideas other than don't be dumb?

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Ya I just grind about as much as I need to fill the cup. My grinder usually holds enough for about two of them. Plus it's always fresh to. Also make sure to put your beans in the fridge.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
One of the best parts about a reusable cup is finding new beans. I tend to look for very small companies where they put quality in the beans. I tend to shy away from the major name brand beans.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Picked up myself some K cups again lately. Since I have been going into work a lot more early lately I don't really have time to grind beans and clean everything. So it is convenient to toss in a cup.

WayneKerr

Mad scientist
Members
Rented a cabin at the campground.  We live close, so its easy to make multiple trips.  I had taken a 4 cup coffee maker, but couldn't find the filters.  On the second trip to get the bikes, got Keurig

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I have tried to not drinking coffee the last two mornings, only resulting in some bad headaches. Am I an addict now? :|

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Have been drinking a lot more coffee than usual recently.  Mostly just with cooler temps the warm drink is more tempting. 

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
I have tried to not drinking coffee the last two mornings, only resulting in some bad headaches. Am I an addict now? :|
Up your caffeine game son. It's not bad for you and neither is most things in life in moderation. And by moderation I mean 300 to 600 mg a day or more.

Ok let's discuss. Why not use it if it helps you with energy? The crash? Well without it you feel like crap and feel that way all day. With it you feel good and then can have a slight crash, or a big crash if you are a lightweight, and can just re-up with a little more to carry you through the rest of the day. I see no reason or evidence its' bad for you unless you are downing SUGARED energy drinks one after another. Remember, drinking too much water is even bad for us. Everything can be bad for us so just live life and enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I don't know if I do it for the caffeine like a lot of people do. I am more about flavor, or like @ndboarder said above just the warmth. My family always makes fun of me when I grew up because each morning I would drink hot chocolate. So maybe it's a relaxing thing? But the problem is your body and brain waves get use to it. I don't feel like I crash on it either. There is no way I would ever touch those energy drinks like Monster etc. Those are liquid cocaine. I have had a Red Bull here and there in my workout days, but I always felt I would burn it off fast at the gym. Think about people like at my old work that would chug like three Monsters and sit ad your desk on a computer all day. You gonna have a heart attack!

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
Well look at that:

All the cares I give. I could slip in the shower and die, I could walk outside to get the mail and die, I could have a heart attack despite never drinking them. I could have cancer without doing most cancer causing things. Point is hey it's fine you don't like them but why care what others do? I like the sugar free ones for flavor and I admit energy. Truth is I am "addicted" to a pre workout as well. At my age with life as busy as it is and such I need the energy. Yes it's an addiction because I have gotten used to them and feel I need them but I have done workouts without them and it sucks so for me, in moderation, I will use forever.

In fact I talked to my doctor last checkup and I was honest with him and told him everything I use. He said in moderation there is no evidence that in a normal person with no prior issue or anything caffeine is fine as is creatine and high protein diets. I mostly asked because of my disease and he still said not an issue. For those with already with health issues than may be a problem.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Picked up some Seattle's Best K cups. They seem to make a decent coffee.
At work we have machines that grind beans and make individual cups.  Choices are either Starbucks or Seattle's Best beans.  Seattle's best is a subsidiary of Starbucks.  Anyway I mostly drink SB at work.  At home we typically just have Caribou K cups around