For the Coke drinkers...

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What happens to your body if you drink a Coke right now?

Have you ever wondered why Coke comes with a smile? Its because it gets you high. They took the cocaine out almost a hundred years ago. You know why? It was redundant.

* In The First 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You dont immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor allowing you to keep it down.

* 20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat. (Theres plenty of that at this particular moment)

* 40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dialate, your blood pressure rises, as a response your livers dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked preventing drowsiness.

* 45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.

* >60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.

* >60 Minutes: The caffeines diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee.) It is now assured that youll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolyte and water.

* >60 minutes: As the rave inside of you dies down youll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. Youve also now, literally, pissed away all the water that was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like even having the ability to hydrate your system or build strong bones and teeth.

This is scary stuff. How could something that tastes so good be so bad for a feller? Tough on the bone it sounds.

Mthbusters did a series oh it. It can clean bugs real well off a fellers car.

does pepsi not contain the same harsh ingredients then?  By harsh i mean the acid that supposedly would dissolve a nail over time and also take paint off a vehicle?

does pepsi not contain the same harsh ingredients then?  By harsh i mean the acid that supposedly would dissolve a nail over time and also take paint off a vehicle?
Good question!

so if I guy were to drink a 2 liter of coke in approximately an hour, he could get real high....(done this many times).  I can usually go through 4 20oz. bottles in a 12 hour shift at work, but I think my record was a full 12 pack in 6 hours during college.  p.s. my name is ludacris and I'm a coke-aholic.

so if I guy were to drink a 2 liter of coke in approximately an hour, he could get real high....(done this many times).  I can usually go through 4 20oz. bottles in a 12 hour shift at work, but I think my record was a full 12 pack in 6 hours during college.  p.s. my name is ludacris and I'm a coke-aholic.
Going for the world record?

lol, i love it.  Nice change of my pic.
Figured you would like it. ;-)

Back