Amazon Luna

Depends how people want their games delivered, how the experience is for users. Also if people are willing to pay subscription fees (and if those can stay low enough). Stadia hasn't gone far, we'll see how XBox Game Streaming (formerly called xCloud) and now this go. I don't think stadia has done too well so far. I don't mind the xbox streaming because it allows streaming if you want, but also just lets you install any of the hundreds of games on your Xbox and/or PC and just play locally. The streaming side definitely requires some good bandwidth and any latency is a pretty big problem. It may take over eventually, but I don't think it will be real soon

This was always my vision for windows (and I still think it will come one day) where you just stream your OS to a mouse and keyboard and monitor. All hardware, patches, and updates are controlled by the cloud and you can pair for tier levels depending on how much hardware you need.

So I just got an email stating that I have been accepted to the trail program of this and I can buy the controller as well. What do you think? Of course this happens so close to the Xbox launch.

So I just got an email stating that I have been accepted to the trail program of this and I can buy the controller as well. What do you think? Of course this happens so close to the Xbox launch.
Meh, unless they have all the games you really want to play I wouldn't. Streaming games is probably the future, but it has a ways to go. I'd let them get things worked out myself - having the hardware and game local just plays better.

I skipped this, I have heard though that it is having problems.

It has been some time now; I wonder how Luna is doing now? People's internet is starting to get to the point where they can handle streaming games now. Did you research this further @ndboarder?

I don't know how they are doing in their endeavors with it and haven't tried it.  The streaming of gamepass content through xbox.com/play I think works alright, but still I don't think it's a viable solution for all types of games.  

Back