Cheesemakers union

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I feel like raises are becoming a thing of the past. All of my previous jobs you at least get a yearly raise. Anymore it seems like you are stuck at your same wage forever. I know here the only way you get one is when someone else leaves and they panic.

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
I feel like raises are becoming a thing of the past. All of my previous jobs you at least get a yearly raise. Anymore it seems like you are stuck at your same wage forever. I know here the only way you get one is when someone else leaves and they panic.
Hey, the owner's big houses, toys, SUVS and trucks aren't going to pay themselves....

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Raises will always depend on where you work and what you do there. Most employers I've ever worked for offer some form of raises, but generally it may be based on performance, and there is a cap, so eventually you run up against a wall and have no hope of a raise and maybe just a yearly bonus - unless of course you get a some form of promotion and then you are in a position with a higher salary cap, etc.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Today is the day folks. This thread was created 8 years ago. :eek: After today I will finally be a free man. This is all I can keep thinking about. (BTW this is my favorite movie of all time).

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjX2qtVUoVs

Work was nice though and got me a Apple Watch for a going away present.

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
Good luck with everything, wish we could have gotten together more for lunch. My only other memories is when I worked at the bank and came over to chat with you and my brother years ago.

Here's to you man:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwnoNVOj1Fs

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I plan on still keeping the site going. Might have a few days when I am not active until I get internet at the new place. But I'll still be around to spam Fluxiod. Plus then you can hear all about my new lifes adventures.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Getting so tired of this. Was suppose to be gone a week ago and our closing date has been moved back twice now. I guess there was a death in the appraisals family and he won't turn in the appraisal. The bank is mad and everyone is but there are no repercussions and nothing they can do. They said the funeral isn't even till tomorrow so we still have to wait for him to complete it after that. He did it over two weeks ago and said that he hasn't had time to complete it. So here I sit. I have been without a job for almost a month now. Was only suppose to be two weeks. Companies should be held accountable since people's lives are on the line. Not only ours but the buyers and the people's house that we are purchasing. So ya I am sitting here with everything packed up just waiting. It sucks really bad.

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
Yeah that sucks.  That's too bad to hear of of the appraisers situation, but seems they had adequate time before, and they should have had someone to cover or at least help to get it through.  There's a lot of stuff riding on the buyers and sellers lives too.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Yeah that sucks.  That's too bad to hear of of the appraisers situation, but seems they had adequate time before, and they should have had someone to cover or at least help to get it through.  There's a lot of stuff riding on the buyers and sellers lives too.
You would at least think someone would get accountable or they would have some sort of backup. Not one bit impressed with the whole situation. Very unprofessional by all the parties involved. 

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Forget cheese I should have been a barber.
Funny you say this we were just talking about this today also. I know from my barber than he makes $20 a haircut minus the tip. And he normally does 3 cuts per hour. So that is $60 per hour minus all the tips. So ya we did make a mistake in life. It defiantly is a skill though,

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
So you're saying he makes $X per haircut, plus gets tips on top of that.  I think...

But, if he isn't the owner, he doesn't make that much per cut - if he is the owner he has to pay for the space, and all the utilities, etc out of what he makes

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
Going on with what @ndboarder mentioned, after all is said and done, the average annual salary of a barber is only around $30,000 with the high end of $40K+.  Very select few in high valued areas or Salons are a little different, they can make quite more, but have to be really skilled in fashion hair design.  There are also barbers who will own their own place and have many under him, but he's no longer just a barber, but more of a manager, increasing the stress.  http://www1.salary.com/Barber-Salaries.html

But I think most barbers love their jobs because it's not necessarily stressful and assuming that most are extroverts, they can socialize a lot.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well there are only two barbers that work there. One has been there for 45 years cutting hair, so I am sure the small little space is paid for. They work separately with their own clientele so I don't think there is much to split but maybe power, supplies etc. It is non stop down there all day with people always in line. In fact most people would come in and turn around because the wait was so long. I also think he said they don't take lunches. From their price to how many they can do per hour, I think they are making buck.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Internet at the new place hooked up this morning, when I can get my computers unpacked I can focus more on fluxoid and getting things straightened up. I'll post an update on what has been going on when I get off my tiny phone screen.

Last edited by a moderator: