Let's talk Legos

Amazon has the Lego rocket on sale today at a killer price, a must pick up. This only goes on sale like once a year, amazing kit!

Man Legos are kinda getting out of control with their pricing. Most sets are around the $100-$200 range now. I can't imagine the markup percentage on these. I mean with the amount of plastic and packaging they might be only in it about $20 a set them sell them for $150.

Man Legos are kinda getting out of control with their pricing. Most sets are around the $100-$200 range now. I can't imagine the markup percentage on these. I mean with the amount of plastic and packaging they might be only in it about $20 a set them sell them for $150.
In my opinion their prices have been too expensive for awhile. Really has turned me off of buying some of these sets.

I went into a few store yesterday like Targets etc. The Lego shelves were completely bare. I have never seen them like that before. Apparently Legos were a hot Christmas item this year.

My daughter is really into Legos now, or at least the girl 'Friends Series' ones, at the moment. Just ordered a bunch for her birthday.

I like their Instructions app and the ability to scan a QR code on manuals to add a set to your collection. Don't have many sets, but booklets don't survive young kids well, having some record of which sets you have and how to assemble them digitally is nice.

I was looking over Legos Black Friday sales. I am just going to come out and say it, Legos are so overpriced. I am happy to see all the new creations etc. but come on we are talking little molded injection blocks here folks. They must have about an 80% markup on their products.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/page/black-friday-cyber-monday-toy-deals

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered this, had to have it.

81jcFS6yANL._SL1116_.jpg

Some of the Star Wars Lego kits are tempting me. 😈

[QUOTE='nodle]Some of the Star Wars Lego kits are tempting me. 😈
[/QUOTE]Like the huge Millenium Falcon for $800?

[QUOTE='ndboarder]Like the huge Millenium Falcon for $800?
[/QUOTE]Unfortunately, no I would have to go with the normal version. I would rather buy the $800 AT AT.

Our son and nephew are both big fans of tractors, construction vehicles, etc.  As far as tractors, Lego has never had the right color ones (John Deere), but seems they recently added one ($29 set too).   Some of their construction sets like the remote control dozer or volvo dump truck look awesome, but too costly.  

81FDBQxoDWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

In terms of a collector/adult sets there's a number that would be cool to have (NES, Millenium Falcon, Grand Piano).  Most of these range from expensive to way too much.   I did need a distraction this past weekend and grabbed one of the cheaper options in the list of ones I like.  Don't have a strat, but maybe someday if I ever actually figure out how to play what I've got

81Gccy2kkVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Thats a good price on the John Deere tractor. Do you have the expensive Millenium Falcon, or just the $150 version? There are so many Lego sets I want, but they are so dam expensive and I just don't have the room to display them. Bad part about Lego sets is they seem to only last about a season and then they are gone.

'nodle]Thats a good price on the John Deere tractor. Do you have the expensive Millenium Falcon said:
I don't have a Millenium Falcon, just listing it as one that would be cool to have.  Specifically, the $800 version.  The $150 version just doesn't look as nice once you've seen the other, but they are also HUGE and too much for what would just end up as a display piece, which I have no room for either.  

Back