Blink cameras

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard about these? 2 years on battery life is decent. Seems they are an Amazon company now, so works with Echo etc. Reviews aren't to bad on them.

https://blinkforhome.com/

product-pricing-outdoor-3.png

Bah I couldn't resist, they have them on sale now, came with a free dot, and i had credit as well.

Well I had a chance to setup these up today, I think the toughest part was trying to decide where to place them. Super easy setup after that though. Quality in day time looks excellent, I haven't had a chance to check out the night vision yet. Also connected to Alexa as well and can even view the cameras from my Echo Spot as well. I wish the were still on sale though I could add one more to the system, but they are back up to full price now.

Just ordered a new Blink mini today. (will use to to monitor my 3D printers). Really love the whole Blink infrastructure. They also have a new sync module that allows you to save locally as well.

61bvBwGHGzL._SY355_.jpg

Ordered some new outdoor models, I still love these things. It’s been three years, and I’ve yet replaced a battery, even through all there cold temps they have been rock solid.

Just curious about a few things.

1) How's the night vision and real world practical distance?

2) Is there noticeable lag? A few years ago, a coworker had a high quality 1080p wireless, but the lag was terrible, thought camera technology needed some years yet to improve.

3) is it cheap or easy to save the video locally?

1) How's the night vision and real world practical distance?
Awesome, I think the night vision is quit far out there as well, this is even on the old gen 1 cameras I have.

2) Is there noticeable lag? A few years ago, a coworker had a high quality 1080p wireless, but the lag was terrible, thought camera technology needed some years yet to improve.
I don’t see any. I mean you can just do live view and people walking around is not choppy.

3) is it cheap or easy to save the video locally?
So I am grandfathered in for the free cloud storage, but the new Blink Module 2 allows you to plug a usb stick into it and save locally without a subscription.if your wanting a camera system that doesn’t require you to run any wires and can handle all the weather out there, these are for you. There are a lot of features as well to play with, scheduling, zones, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my doorbell the other day and installed it tonight. Took me about 10 minutes max. They sent a free angle mount which I used as well. It was easy to setup just as their cameras are. Has a nice big fish eye camera to it. I also enabled the Amazon Alexa skill which enables the door bell to ring across your Amazon devices and make an announcement "Someone is at your front door" or whatever you name it.

Just ordered another doorbell before they go off sale. First one works awesome.

I ordered a couple more cameras, since they have them on sale for Prime.

Back